First Mile are one the UK’s fastest growing environmental businesses; helping UK businesses recycle better, use greener energy, and get carbon data on all of their achievements.
Founded in 2004, First Mile now help over 25,000 businesses to recycle, are a multiple winner of the London Stock Exchange’s “Companies to Inspire Britain” and are in the process of becoming a recognised bCORP.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Digital and Ecommerce Lead to join our purpose-led and successful team.
Our head office is situated near Oxford Circus, in Central London, and we also have offices in Acton and Birmingham. We welcome flexible working from anywhere in the UK with regular visits to the office.
The business already generates significant growth, adding thousands of new business customer locations every year with an increasing proportion of these coming via digital channels.
This is a new role, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer to take responsibility for B2B lead generation and ecommerce customer acquisition at our website www.thefirstmile.co.uk. Applying experience in digital customer acquisition tactics such as search and content marketing to grow website traffic, and taking responsibility for UX and UI improvements to the site to drive higher conversion of traffic to leads or customers.
What you will do
- Search marketing – Manage existing PPC and SEO activity through external executives in order to improve performance across organic and paid search, leading to improved digital lead and customer acquisition, and be able to demonstrate clear ROI.
- Ecommerce – Manage our existing external web development team, designers, and content writers to constantly optimise our ecommerce website for better performance in both lead and customer acquisition for our B2B environmental services.
- Reporting – Measure and report on digital performance across all areas, from traffic generation to customer conversion. Apply data-driven logic to changes and be able to evidence the outcomes.
- Strategy – Contribute to the longer-term customer acquisition strategy by providing data and insight on your activities, and by testing new channels, campaigns, and approaches to drive digital customer acquisition.
- Wider marketing – Contribute to wider marketing initiatives to ensure consistency across messaging and campaigns. e.g., email marketing nurture campaigns, customer marketing, and social messaging.
Search marketing experience – whilst the role is not hands on with PPC or SEO, you need to be able to manage third parties to deliver excellent results across search marketing, with clarity and understanding.
Ecommerce experience – Come with an understanding on what you need to do/change to improve conversion of visitors that find the site.
Analytical and Commercial – Be highly analytical and able to make data-driven decisions that have sound commercial rationale and ROI.
Good customer instincts – Be a natural at thinking like a customer e.g., what keywords really show intent? what proof-points really matter to a customer at the point of sign-up?
B2B services experience or good understanding of the differences between B2B, B2C, and ecommerce for services vs physical products.
Ambitious – You will be working for a rapidly growing, fast-paced company in the environmental sector. We believe this role could become a major part of the future growth of our business and need someone who is ambitious and able to think bigger in order to maximise the potential.
- Salary of £50k plus performance bonus.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) as well as an extra day for each complete year of service
- Head Office in the heart of Soho, a minute’s walk from Oxford Street
- Lots of drinks, food, socials, events throughout the year
- Opportunities to volunteer
- But most importantly, a fun, positive, collaborate workplace, freedom to learn and drive impact, and working for a rapidly growing, multi award-winning business in a sector that has never been more important.