Every day at ecoligo we work to fight the climate crisis, bringing solar energy to businesses in countries like Ghana, Kenya, Vietnam and Costa Rica through the ecoligo crowdinvesting platform. We own and manage each energy project allowing us to deliver both environmental and economic returns. Our crowdinvestors earn a solid financial return, and our solar clients get an energy provider that’s fairer, more affordable and more efficient. So far, ecoligo projects have prevented—or will prevent—over 440,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from entering our atmosphere. And we’re just getting started.
Our quickly expanding international team in Berlin is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager (f/m/x) to own our website and social media channels, driving performance and helping to grow our business as we enter an exciting growth phase. We’re looking for a creative and analytical expert who is ready to dive in and take ownership of our social media channels and website performance in a fast-paced start-up environment. You combine strategic thinking with a hands-on approach and inform your decisions with performance reporting and insights from your experience. Our ideal candidate has a track record of demonstrated success as well as a positive and team focused attitude. Are you ready to help us tackle the climate crisis?
In this role you will:
- Own the content, performance and production of ecoligo’s web properties.
- Develop and execute a rigorous A/B testing program to improve conversion rate, lead capture and site engagement.
- Create and optimize landing pages that deliver an incredible user experience.
- Lead on SEO strategy to ensure top ranking on key terms, increased organic site traffic and brand visibility.
- Manage site content and creative assets in multiple languages across all web properties ensuring accuracy and high quality.
- Own all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin with direct responsibility for the growth and performance of all social channels.
- Develop and plan the social media strategy with clearly defined goals.
- Plan and create unique social content, accounting for regional and language differences, that is tailored for each individual platform.
- Implement and execute all social posts across all channels.
- Own community management and moderation of all social platforms.
- Create reports, analysis and strategic recommendations on an on-going and ad-hoc basis for website and social media to the marketing team, leadership and the full organization.
- Collaborate with team members across the marketing team to ensure all social media and website activities are aligned with ecoligo’s brand identity, content strategy and business goals.
- Demonstrated success meeting channel and business goals through website and social media.
- High level of comfort with Wordpress, Google Analytics, SEO tools such as Yoast, heatmaps and other website management tools.
- In depth knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter including current trends and best practices.
- General knowledge of or experience in other digital marketing channels.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strong copywriting skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English (English is our daily working language).
- Fluency in German, French, Spanish, Swedish or Dutch is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is a plus.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and works independently while ensuring collaboration and visibility.
- Comfortable managing shifting deadlines and priorities while working inside of a small team.
- Passion for online marketing and building meaningful connections through digital experiences.
- Action oriented.
- Comfortable giving and receiving direct feedback in an open and timely way.
- Motivated by our mission to fight climate change and excited by ecoligo’s unique business model.
- Work for the planet: help make a difference as we pioneer the energy transition in emerging markets.
- Real ownership and responsibilities with strong opportunities for growth.
- The chance to help shape the future of a small and growing company as we enter an exciting growth stage.
- Flexible working hours.
- Bright and comfortable workspace at our office in Berlin’s Mitte, with a roof deck for sunny lunches or after work time with colleagues. (ecoligo’s Berlin office is currently fully remote during COVID-19).
- An open, diverse and respectful company culture with a group of kind, international coworkers based in Berlin, Accra (Ghana), Nairobi (Kenya), San Jose (Costa Rica), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Santiago (Chile).