A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
Our vision is bold, our product is new and will require global top talent to make it happen.
The company is embarking on an entirely new aircraft concept, which will be vertically integrated through our Digital Platform and offered direct to customers. Our vision is to deliver outstanding customer value and highly efficient operation to become a new state-of-the-art service proposition. As our new “Digital Quality Lead” you will be building the team that will ensure the quality our new platforms meet our high expectations and provide a defect free experience for our customers and users.
The Digital Platform is broad in its scope of responsibility, providing the necessary systems that will manage our service, the aircraft fleet and vertiports. With the customer at the very centre of our focus, we will provide journey booking, communication and identification services amongst other passenger services. Our vision is to develop a highly automated quality assurance method, ensuring potential quality issues are caught as early as possible with minimal manual intervention. Some of these components have responsibilities in ensuring the safe operation of our service and their quality will be assessed by regulators.
The complexity of the programme is high, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering and production divisions and vertiport operations. We also have many external operational and regulatory stakeholders such as our pilots, customer services, Airline Operating Companies (AOCs) and maintenance organisations. You’ll be working alongside likeminded colleagues to make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolutionary new form of transport.
We strongly believe that our air transportation service is a true benefit for cities and people around the world, with low noise and zero air pollution, as well as affordable pricing, it will enrich how we live our lives and enable many more opportunities for humankind.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. This position will be based in London.
Your Day to Day:
- As the accountable person for the overall quality of Lilium’s Mobility Service Platform, you’ll be defining our quality engineering approach and ensuring it is executed effectively
- Collaboration with our Product team and business analysts to fully understand Lilium’s business requirements and expectations, assuring the implemented (or procured) solutions meet these requirements to a very high quality
- Shaping and building a quality engineering team from scratch, recruiting talented quality engineers who will work in cross-functional scrum teams to implement the quality approach
- Management, coaching and mentoring of the quality engineering team, ensuring they have everything they need to be successful
- Act as Lilium’s quality expert, educating and collaborating with the wider Digital team to ensure quality aspects are fully considered and baked into everything we do
- Be motivated by fast paced environments, where a high degree of autonomy and personal responsibility are given to teams in order to create success
- Have led quality engineering for exciting and innovative new products in a complex, mission-critical environment with a mix of agile build and buy workstreams
- Be an expert in software quality engineering approaches, processes and techniques, able to being able to recruit, coach and mentor a quality engineering team
- Experience with a variety of test automation frameworks and tools
- Be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Be passionate about constantly getting better – with the drive to create continuous improvements across the organisation
What can you expect from us
- We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best
- We have an open communication style, both at a company level (with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities) and at an individual basis.
- In everything we do, we are driven by our shared ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial and innovation principles guide an approach where we are pushing the bounds of what’s possible, whilst also ensuring our culture continues to be respectful and inclusive.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.