To apply for this job please visit hatchenterprise.org.
Are you passionate about supporting underrepresented entrepreneurs to imagine, start and grow businesses that can have a positive impact on the world? Are you willing to roll-up your sleeves to develop and grow Hatch’s fundraising & partnerships function? Do you have experience in scaling and growing a fundraising or target-focused team?
If you’ve answered yes to the above you could be our brand new Director of Fundraising and Partnerships, who will spearhead a new phase of strategic fundraising growth for Hatch. You will work closely with the CEO to develop and implement a new fundraising strategy and associated investment business case to build out a new team and accelerate growth from £850k to £1.5m in the next year, particularly from the areas of corporate partnerships, trusts and statutory funding.
Over the longer term, you will have a goal of raising £10m over the next 4 years whilst also creating close working relationships with our Marketing & Communications team to increase brand awareness to deliver on our mission to support 25,000 enterprise support opportunities by 2025. You will be building the capacity of the team to diversify our income streams, building on our corporate partnerships track record, developing trust & foundation and government income streams.
As a senior member of the Hatch team, you will also support the development of the charity’s overall strategic direction and governance as one of the UK’s leading enterprise support charities. You will also act as an ambassador and represent the charity externally, promoting the work of the organisation and developing productive relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders to secure greater commitment to the charity.
Partnerships and Fundraising Strategy
- Working closely with the CEO and Director of Operations to develop Hatch’s forward looking fundraising and partnerships strategy and an associated business case for support, evaluating all relevant income streams to ensure sustainability in our fundraising.
- Developing strategic insight and analysis to generate deeper donor understanding, inform fundraising decisions and lead on the cultural growth in use of data and insight as a key business driver.
Partnership and Fundraising Development
- Researching, developing and securing long term, strategic, mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborating with Hatch’s programmes team to design new programmes against our goal of raising £10m to deliver 25,000 enterprise support opportunities over the next 4 years.
- Hands-on account management of our biggest partners and funders as well as working with the Head of Corporate Partnerships to oversee and implement innovative partnership plans for their own portfolio.
Leadership, Management & Coaching
- Setting and delivering against clear and ambitious targets, communicating management and financial information to the wider team and the Board as necessary
- Developing, coaching and motivating a high calibre and high performing fundraising team, inspiring and empowering others in a constructive and collaborative way, including leading on recruitment, on-boarding and ongoing coaching and support
- Developing a culture of innovation and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising, ensuring a best practice approach that maximises Hatch’s existing resources and skills and builds the team’s capacity to shape the organisation, our products and services.
- Participating actively in Hatch’s quarterly board meetings.
Organisational Capacity Building
- Building strong relationships with senior peers across the charity and actively contributing to organisational cohesion, and cross-team working.
- Creating and embedding a Hatch-wide culture that raises the profile of fundraising, supporting the whole team to understand the role they play in fund and partnership development to support our mission.
- Actively investing in continuous learning, staying up to date with best practice and emerging trends, sharing across the team and translating into actionable insights for the department.
- Working with the Director of Operations to scope and implement appropriate systems and processes to support fundraising, partnership and volunteering activity and reporting across Hatch as part of an organisation-wide process to upgrade our systems.
Salary: £47,600 – £56,000