The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Director of Information Security
Role: Director – Information Security
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be accountable for information security at OVO and will be working with colleagues across OVO to ensure that our systems and data are secure.
What will I be doing?
Key responsibilities include:
- Be fully accountable for OVO’s approach to Information Security
- Owning, developing and maintaining OVO’s Information Security vision, strategy and operating model including policy, guidance, prevention, detection and response.
- Building and leading a world-class information security function that works with colleagues across the business to ensure we minimise information security risk in everything we do.
- Managing and developing leaders and team members of the information security function.
- Developing and implementing OVO wide security programmes
- Continually assessing OVOs security posture, practices and systems, identifying and driving through improvements across the organisation.
- Leading incident response, ensuring decision making is effective, actions are owned and communication is clear and accurate.
- Provide advice and guidance to OVO’s senior management on information security and integration of security practices into OVO’s operational processes
- Reporting to OVO committees and management groups on Information and Cyber Security matters
- Working with the wider OVO technology leadership team to define technical vision and strategy.
- Working with external stakeholders (including ICO and industry bodies) to set policies, build procedures and respond to incidents.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
- Extensive knowledge in all areas of information security with a strong focus on information security in a regulated high tech environment using public cloud and continuous delivery.
- Experience building, running and leading high performing information security functions
- Experience working with all levels, from executives to security engineers, in specific business units and at a group level
- Experience with organisational design, planning teams and budgets
- Experience integrating information security into a large business.
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious and tenacious
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Entry into our long-term leadership incentive programme (LTIP)
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application