Waste production is one of the world’s biggest crises and the only viable solution is a complete transition to a circular global economy. As of today, due to the high cost of manual waste sorting, over 90% of our recyclable waste ends up in landfills and incinerators.
At Recycleye, we’re creating a paradigm shift in the global waste management industry by allowing our clients to turn the world’s waste into their profit. By combining groundbreaking computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies like never before, we are on a mission to fully automate the $2.5 trillion waste recycling industry.
We already count several of the world’s largest waste management companies amongst our clients (including Veolia, which has a market cap of over £20bn) and are experiencing an accelerated growth in demand from our market.
As such, we’re searching for an experienced Director of Operations who wants to join a high-growth startup and build and lead a global operations team that drives superior execution in every aspect of our business.
Things you’ll do
- Build out Recycleye’s global operational infrastructure, from sales operations and customer support, to people operations and internal comms;
- Analyse the limitations of all of our current processes and redesign them for quality, speed, cost and client experience;
- Assume full ownership of our existing customer relationships and build an effective customer success function in collaboration with other business units (sales, tech, etc.);
- Find ways to automate repetitive processes across the business;
- Closely monitor costs and budgets to improve contribution margins;
- Prepare the organisation to take advantage of new opportunities – internationalisation, new market entry, partnerships, etc.;
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that all of our teams and processes effectively scale to meet business and market demands.
- You have experience leading operations at a startup;
- You have proven skills in leadership and team building, as well as change management;
- You have people management experience and have previously built high performing teams;
- You’re passionate about the green revolution;
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on the deployment of large scale projects in heavy industry (such as manufacturing, logistics or waste management);
- Finally, you must be a self-driven problem solver, with the ability to work towards achieving overarching goals with minimal direction. We’re looking for a doer, not a talker and above all else, we need a team player who wants to be part of a fast growing startup
- Progression: We are growing rapidly and this is a leadership role that could progress to C level as we scale;
- Salary – £100-120k;
- Ownership: you’ll own a piece of our company through our share option scheme;
- Unlimited holiday;
- Flexible working hours;
- Extensive upskilling opportunities.