Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for all. Headquartered in San Francisco, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to be the leading global platform for urban transportation. To do that, we need great people.
We are looking for a hands-on highly effective Director with a passion and proven track record for success in financial and business process control design, leading SOX risk assessments and readiness, and managing timely performance of controls to stand up and own SOX Compliance at Lime. This role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and will partner closely with Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Engineering and IT Security, Operations, Legal and Risk teams to stand up the SOX Compliance program and to drive cross-functional process/control improvement initiatives to support Lime’s rapid growth.
The ideal candidate is expected to drive change, think independently, clearly communicate and will be the primary contact for all internal and external SOX Compliance inquiries.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and stand-up Lime’s SOX Compliance framework, drive SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process by identifying significant and critical processes and key controls, ensure adequate scope, documentation, training of control owners, and testing
- Develop the annual audit plan and schedule using a risk-based approach to ensure adequate controls over financial reportingEnsure adequate and appropriateness of internal control documentation for financial processes, IT applications and ITGC’s, planning documents, narratives, process maps, key controls and key reports, walkthroughs, and tests of controls
- Oversee SOX compliance audit, including the scoping, testing and documentation of the results and remediation plans
- Responsible for educating, training, and monitoring functional teams for SOX compliance to outlined processes, and ensure that all key controls/objectives are understood and being performed satisfactorily Go-to person for internal controls expertise within the organization and provides reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
- Communicate identified findings and propose recommendations and remediation plans to management and the Audit Committee; track the remediation and ensure closure of findings
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the management teams of all major functional areas as well as external auditor, ensuring a holistic understanding of key risks and processes of the organization
- Proactively advise management on key risk areas and drive remediation plans balancing risk mitigation with pragmatic and efficient processes to support the business
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance is requiredBig 4/public accounting/management consulting experience is preferredCIA, CPA or other relevant professional certification highly desired
- A deep understanding of U.S. GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB auditing standards, and experience using auditing and assessment frameworks and the application of the related professional standards12+ years of Sarbanes-Oxley audit experience
- Demonstrated experience managing global audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment
- Ability to influence, interact and partner effectively with cross-functional and remote teams at all levels of management and geographies
- Advanced understanding of financial and business processes and the risks surrounding those processes
- Strong understanding of IT risks and controls and their overall impact to the financial control environment
- Manage the execution of all phases of the SOX 404 Compliance program, ensuring timely delivery and quality work, including managing program status, prioritization dashboards and reporting
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral presentations) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to bring structure, understanding and clarity from an internal control perspective
- Ability to comfortably lead discussions around internal control matters with leadership and external auditors
- Strong documentation and project management skills and experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Experience managing a team that is a mix of professional staff and third-party consultants
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Ability to drive direction and make sizable impact at a rapidly growing global organization
- Work with a fun, collaborative, and motivated team
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.