At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
This senior leadership role in the organization is responsible for the end to end management of the commercialization process serving as the single point of contact for a particular product/group of products from late feasibility phase to full production scaling. The Director Product Commercialization provides direction, leadership, and coordination to multiple cross-functional teams of subject matter experts to deliver a portfolio of new products to full commercial scale within the defined product specifications, timelines, and cost parameters. The Director Product Commercialization is a strong collaborator providing direction and working with a broad group of business, supply chain, manufacturing, product, and technology leaders, to ensure prioritization and successful delivery across the full commercialization process at Beyond Meat.
- The Director of Product Commercialization leads multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously through the commercialization process delivering a portfolio of products from feasibility to fully scaled commercialization.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the cross-functional teams’ collaboration and advancement of these new product initiatives.
- Fully owns and leads the successful delivery of assigned New Product Introduction (NPI) portfolio products through to full scale production that meet both customer and company expectations and goals.
- Define and calculate commercialization stage cycle times, including deviations and confidence intervals by product group to measure progress and performance, and serve as inputs into predictive models.
- Apply NPI and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to reduce cycle time and remove waste from the existing commercialization process and subsequent manufacturing processes.
- Establish robust progress and performance reporting mechanisms supporting data-driven decision making.
- Actively manage and build rapport with the executive team and strategically advise on priorities, options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on other business priorities
- Provide frequent and transparent updates, manage sponsor expectations, and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress of all in-flight products/projects.
- Consistently identify, implement, and socialize the most effective processes, tools, and systems to keep the department current with world-class best practices.
- Lead and develop comprehensive resource models and risk mitigation plans in collaboration with agency leadership and disciplines leads.
- Manage, mentor, and develop the commercialization team members reporting to the role.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Beyond Meat culture and standards of quality.
- Strong collaborator and team player with demonstrated track record building high performing teams across geographical areas in matrix environments.
- Exceptional people skills with highly developed facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Deep understanding and experience in business process engineering and optimization.
- Strong track record of leveraging statistical analysis in root cause analysis, problem-solving and target setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field. Post Grad in Business Administration preferred.
- Experienced and well versed in New Product Introduction (NPI) processes and Product Launch initiatives through to full scale production.
- Qualifications in Statistical Analysis and Lean Six Sigma.
- 7-10 years in a CPG environment managing complex commercialization initiatives.
- Proven track record in stakeholder management with strong cross-functional collaboration skills operating in a matrix organization environment.
- Ability to travel to (up to 50%).
- Ability to interact with clients at an executive level.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exhibit strong team leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.