While most of Team Bulb are working from home at this time, our Covid-secure offices are open for team members who need to use them. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 150 people virtually during the pandemic and have developed our ways of working to make sure new joiners feel part of our team. This includes virtual socials, lunch time ‘Insights’ from a range of internal and external speakers, and live streaming whole company meetings. If you’d like to read more about how we’ve adapted over the last few months, head over to our blog, and you can let us know about your specific requirements as part of the recruitment process.
Bulb is a technology company, green energy supplier and also the fastest growing business in the UK. We’ve developed a unique operating model to provide renewable energy to UK homes and businesses. Bulb’s mission is to help its members reduce their carbon emissions and save money on their bills. In just 5 years, Bulb has grown to supply more than 1.7 million members with green energy. The Bulb team has grown to over 800 people and we expect that to be in the thousands by 2022. In the last year, we’ve also expanded to supply homes in France, Spain and the US. It’s an exciting time to join as we continue to grow and expand internationally.
We care deeply about leading its industry to become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example in this. Having a diverse team helps us to understand the needs of our diverse member base and make better decisions on their behalf. Ultimately, it brings us closer to achieving our mission of helping people to lower their bills and cut carbon emissions. Over the last 5 years we’ve firmly embedded d+i within our approach to employee experience and we’re now keen to further build on that foundation structurally and strategically. We are now looking to hire a Diversity and Inclusion Specialist to achieve our aim of making Bulb a fair, diverse and inclusive place to work. We want our team to be representative of our members, and our leadership team to be as diverse as Team Bulb. We want all of our Bulberinos to have a strong sense of belonging and access to equal opportunities. Within this role you have the opportunity to directly influence how we achieve these goals across our team.
What you’ll do at Bulb
Working with all of the key business functions and reporting to our Head of People you’ll take ownership of Bulb’s diversity and inclusion strategy, setting and meeting key objectives in this area.
- Develop and deliver an ambitious diversity and inclusion strategy with clear quarterly and annual goals, and a five year vision
- Analyse data and present insights to make compelling business cases for new initiatives
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to create strong buy-in and tackle d+i challenges specific to their teams
- Promote and publicise the d+i work we do at Bulb externally through our blog, events and other press opportunities
- Collaborate with other businesses to improve d+i efforts across the tech and energy sectors
- Lead Bulb’s internal d+i champions network to maximise their impact
- Own Bulb’s mental health initiatives and get the most value from our mental health partners
- Create engaging campaigns around d+i to capture the attention of the wider Bulb team
- Embed training on d+i into our L+D programme, from onboarding all new joiners to creating bespoke training for managers of different levels of seniority
The list below is by no means exhaustive, and we’d like to hear from you if you’re passionate about the role regardless of whether you meet all of the requirements.
- You have deep subject matter knowledge of D&I issues, trends and best practice
- You’ve made a significant impact in large, complex organisations through successful programmes and initiatives
- You have experience working in the People function of a fast paced, high growth global company
- You’ve created and led communities of diverse talent who work together to achieve results
- You’re an expert in working with data and are able to manipulate, analyse and draw insight from complex People data
- You’re a strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills who’s comfortable presenting to large audiences
- You are a great influencer who is equally capable of driving change through senior stakeholders, communities of people or the entire company
- You have strong judgement, showing resilience under pressure while working on difficult and sensitive subject matter
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- One month sabbatical leave after your first year