We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin is growing quickly internationally and is looking for top-tier talent in the United Kingdom to help us bring safe, affordable, and accessible transportation options to the UK.
As an Operations Specialist you’ll be responsible for distributing Spin’s electric scooters to designated areas within the local neighbourhood and ensuring they are picked and brought back to our warehouse when in need of recharging. You make sure that Spin is delivering safe, reliable and enjoyable service, delighting customers and supporting the goals of our government partners. You love solving problems, thinking critically, and achieving the highest levels of performance. You’ll report to the Operations Lead in the local area.
- Driving and loading/unloading e-scooters at the Spin warehouse or around the local area
- Responding to customer service requests
- Engaging with our Spin customers, providing user-training and demonstrations
- Conducting safety checks and minor repairs in both the Spin warehouse and out on the road
- Using mobile apps and spreadsheets to track repairs, parts and vehicles
- Monitoring and reporting on-street incidents
- Driving safely, responsibly and within the law
- You are familiar with the streets and neighbourhoods in your local area
- You are flexible and willing to work in a 3-shift system (morning, afternoon and overnight) for 7 days a week
- You put the customer first and prioritise providing excellent service
- You are active, with the ability to lift 23kg scooters safely on a regular basis
- You have experience in driving a van, with a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, a proactive attitude and a desire to think on your feet
- You have good computer skills
- You are proficient in speaking English
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, backed by a leading company in the mobility industry
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Paid time off
- Great Pension Scheme contribution
- The chance to work with an enthusiastic and welcoming team
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals’ sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.