eBike Customer Service Representative
- Full Time
To apply for this job please visit thebigissue.livevacancies.co.uk.
Do you like helping customers and solving their problems? The Big Issue eBike team need Customer Service Representatives who will help our customers as we rollout our first eBike fleet in the City of Bristol. You will deal with inbound customer queries via telephone, email and social media, working closely with our Rebalancing, Maintenance and Management teams to help the smooth running of the service. This role is critical within the Operations team, ensuring customer issues are resolved as quickly as possible, with clear communication internally and externally at every stage. Your work will help provide a sustainable, affordable eBike scheme for Bristol residents, workers and visitors. You’ll provide exemplary customer service to all, and contribute towards a positive and supportive working environment that brings ‘Biking for good’ to Bristol.
You’re already good at or possess:
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, listening and written)
- Customer service experience (via email, telephone, and social media)
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Excellent customer service skills (self and team)
- Organisational and administrative skills; computer literate with MS Office skills
Your bonus skills:
- Successful track record in a similar role and environment
- Customer service experience (via social media channels)
- Good geographic knowledge of the Bristol area
- ZenDesk / Social media management software (e.g.Hootsuite)
- A UK driving license
- Knowledge of The Big Issue Group, and commitment to its social objectives
THE FINER DETAILS
What kind of thing does the eBike Customer Service Representative do?
- Provide first rate customer service to all customers, and non-customers however they get in touch
- To answer incoming calls within a timely manner, responding to customer queries / issues as appropriate
- To monitor the customer service inbox, responding to customer queries / issues as appropriate
- To monitor Big Issue eBike Bristol social media channels, responding to customer queries / issues as appropriate
- Co-ordinate with all departments to manage any Operational messages to customers that may affect the eBike service (e.g. push notifications, social media, email or website updates)
- Assist with the monitoring and tracking of track e-bikes, detecting potential issues / help plan ideal balancing routes
- Follow all relevant internal / health and safety procedures
- Flag any safety issues to Supervisor / Manager
- Respond to customer queries received via social media as above
- Manage local social media channels, to:
- Upload locally created marketing content for broadcast (as per social media guidelines)
- Communicate operational messages that affect the service
- Work closely with the Maintenance, Rebalancing and Management teams to ensure any rebalancing, maintenance or wider issues that may affect service levels / eBike availability are understood and where necessary, communicated to members / prospective customers
- Support other teams as required
Outreach and community
- Take part in community outreach to raise awareness of Big Issue eBikes with hard-to-reach groups, non-users, and non-cyclers
- Attend events to engage non-users / non-cyclers
- Take part in content creation for local social media channels to raise awareness of the service (in accordance with Head office guidelines)
For a full job description with details of skills and experience, please download from the link below.
The Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd and Big Issue Invest Ltd (our social investment arm). In addition, we also have our sister charity The Big Issue Foundation.