Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job title: Ecommerce National Account Manager
Reports to: UK & I Retail Sales Director
Responsible for: Top 4 Grocery Account Online & Online specific accounts eg Ocado/Amazon
Dimensions of the role
Trading responsibility for NSV budget. Job holder is fully responsible for contributing to total budgeted sales and has full P&L responsibility. Along with full responsibility for the Online Channel budget.
Ecommerce – Lead on the eCommerce strategy and roadmap:
- Optimising product visibility online and executing stand out digital campaigns
- Manage online relationships with retailers and alignment on strategy
- Lead ecommerce best practice and sharing across the teams
- Responsibility for the Online Channel budget
- Work closely with the wider NAM team to ensure online plans live in all accounts
- Set ecommerce metrics and deliver reporting on a monthly basis internally and externally
- Deliver ecommerce test & learn initiatives against joint priorities to drive future growth
- Deliver and share ecommerce news, insight and industry news with the wider business
- Management of Brandbank system
Account and Business Plans:
- Create and keep live annual account plans to deliver business objectives. Strategies must be developed through an understanding of the market, channel, customer and shopping and created with the planning and category teams.
- Lead & negotiate agreement of a Joint Business Plan with the customer that delivers objectives.
- Lead, manage, measure and improve account profitability.
- Hit Annual budget targets
- Drive the accuracy and delivery of monthly sales forecasts – working with Supply Chain, Forecasting and Finance
- Ensure rigour in the application of year end re-forecasts – working with Supply Chain, Forecasting and Finance
- Adhere to internal processes and timescales for forecasting and business planning
- Negotiate and deliver an annual promotional programme, ensuring that promotions are communicated, forecasted, delivered and evaluated. Approved no less than 12 weeks out.
- Delivery within spend budget and promotional guidelines
NPD/Range Review Delivery:
- Work with Marketing and Category to close distribution gaps and deliver New Product Launch plans (distribution, display and turnover targets)
- Work with Marketing and Category and lead customer range review delivery and post review evaluation/future recommendations
- Establish and maintain the appropriate invoice pricing structure, delivering cost increases as required
- Manage, monitor and drive POI of trade spend at all levels – off invoice, promotional, fixed, contractual
- Ensure good housekeeping via efficient ledger query management (price, invoice, claims)
- Deliver periodic performance reviews (period, YTD, FY – Total P&L) with the account and internally
- Be an active and vocal member of the sales team and contribute fully to the generation of ideas to deliver the wider sales strategy.
- Give advice and support to team members
- Work closely with other key stakeholders
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Develop technical skills
- Ensure all compliance and systems training is completed
- Experience of e-commerce and digital sales strategy; understanding of digital marketing, role of content and search as part of overall ecommerce strategy.
- Proven, all round commercial business acumen, with a number of years’ experience in an FMCG environment.
- Passion for food and the product is essential.
- Experience of top 4 grocer or online specialist, managing a JBP and an understanding of industry data.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Budget management and data analysis experience
- Branded experience.
- Previous working experience in chilled and frozen foods is useful.
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.