To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios, and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris, and Brussels, and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100“.
We are looking for an economist/statistician to work across our business to answer key questions critical to our next phase of growth! From driving our pricing strategy to optimizing our volume forecasting, you’ll help shape the business — your insights will directly change the way we grow.
You enjoy working with a range of partners across a variety of projects, from their inception through to communicating results. You’re just as comfortable thinking creatively to approach problems in a new way as you are digging into data to uncover novel insights.
You’ll report to the Strategy & Analytics Director, but provide support across the organization, bringing a data-informed perspective to all our key decisions.
- Inform key business decisions — Research could range from volume forecast optimization, to pricing decisions, customer segmentation & lifetime value analyses. You’ll wrangle datasets in fresh and original ways, bringing insight and ensuring that the whole organization is utilizing data in its key decisions
- Structure and solve strategic problems — You’ll take loosely defined questions, both your own and those from senior partners, and turn them into testable hypotheses. Through original statistical analysis that you create, you’ll deliver novel insight, writing this up into compelling recommendations to stakeholders
- Be a key partner in ensuring Taptap Send is data-centric — You’ll work closely with the Strategy & Analytics Director and Engineering team, ensuring we bring together the right information to drive informed decision making in the business
- 2+ yrs’ experience solving problems & informing decision making with real-world data
- Experience structuring and presenting sophisticated solutions to non-technical audiences
- Experience in designing, executing, and analyzing statistical experiments
- Masters or Ph.D. in one of the following: Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or other quantitative/related fields
- Proficiency with analytical tools like R/Python and familiarity with SQL or similar
- Ability to work independently and balance opposing priorities
- Ability to manage stakeholders using excellent communication skills
- Right to work in the UK, USA, or Belgium
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend