Date position required ASAP
Reporting to Workshop manager
Benefits Bonus, Overtime, Life Insurance, Pension etc.
Location Saietta, Heyford Park, Bicester OX25 5HE
Applications by ASAP
Application format CV and covering letter
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
This is a new role for an experience electrical prototype vehicle technician to join an expanding electric vehicle technology company. The role will involve working within the prototype vehicle workshop and aligned to the development and build of customer demonstrator and prototype electric vehicles.
Applicants will need to be experienced prototype / R&D vehicle technicians with strong electrical backgrounds.
You will have full responsibility for hands-on specification, development, build, integration and testing of electrical harness and looms fitted to vehicles in a workshop environment.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong practical skills, good problem-solving ability, be adaptable, resilient, and able to work effectively in a small team to commercially driven timescales.
Applicants that can demonstrate suitable and relevant hobby projects would be desirable (e.g. kit car build, full vehicle restoration, electric vehicle conversion, etc.)
Expected skills and experience:
- Hands-on experience of specification, development, build, integration and testing of electrical harness and looms fitted to vehicles in a workshop environment.
- Experience working on HV electrical systems
- Ability to commission motor controllers / inverters (e.g. Sevcon or similar) would be very useful
- Knowledge of CAN and relevant analysis tools would be advantageous
Experience of some of the following would be useful:
- Mechanical build and fabrication skills (e.g. welding)
- Experience of fitting / installing a variety of vehicle components and systems (e.g. gearbox, engine, brakes, steering, etc)
- Design of electrical distribution, wiring harnesses using a suitable CAD platform (e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks etc)
This is a great opportunity for a creative, collaborative, passionate and ambitious R&D vehicle technician to make their mark this growing electric vehicle technology company.