What we do
Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it
Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re expanding our Electric Vehicle Growth Team in London. We’re looking for an Electric Vehicles Sales Specialist, who will be responsible for managing sales directly with our customers focusing on our salary sacrifice product.
You will be the face and the voice of the Octopus Electric Vehicles, advising and supporting customers throughout their journey towards purchasing an EV. Discussing their requirements and finding the perfect vehicle for their lifestyle, considering the salary sacrifice product fully and the benefits of going electric.
A genuine passion for customer experience and sustainability is a must with a strong understanding of process and the importance of customer service.
What you’ll do
- Develop and establish your sales pipeline with customers – from lead through to delivery and deliver sales in line with KPIs
- Manage orders in progress and supervise order processing
- Continue planning and targeting of the acquisition of new customers
- Recording customer satisfaction and initiative best measures
- Attend our own consumer marketing events to spread the word of electric vehicles and how we can help! (virtual and non virtual depending on restrictions)
- Provide excellent customer service both through the sales process and also in after-sales customer care
- Work with the wider teams to iterate propositions and materials for the consumer market
- Strategically build your pipeline working with the team to create strong relationships both internally within departments and externally with our customers both on a consumer and business level
What you’ll need
- Proven track record of excellent customer experience
- Either previous sales experience within a consultative environment or a strong passion for Electric Vehicles / Energy and decarbonisation
- Excellent listening skills when dealing in b2c roles and great communication
- A genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers
- An ability to show a completer finisher mentality and an understanding of processes as a whole being able to see the why behind each section of the business and how that creates the entire vision
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- A constant focus on improving and developing personally and within a business
- Ideally if you have experience within fleet, leasing or selling a salary sacrifice product – this is a bonus!
Why else you’ll love it here
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to get electric cars, electric fleet and other electric vehicles. If this sounds exciting and you have a genuine passion for what we’re doing then we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Electric cars are coming faster than most people can imagine.
According to Stanford University, by 2025 there’ll be no new petrol or diesel cars in production. Just like the iPhone revolutionised phones, Tesla is revolutionising cars and it’s not just Tesla with so many manufacturers having great EVs.
Octopus Electric Vehicles was launched in 2018 to make it easy for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
Every day, we bring together great offers on electric vehicles and everything needed to go with them: chargepoint installations for home and businesses, energy tariffs designed for EV drivers, and a free VIP support service from vehicle selection to each electric journey. We’ve already helped hundreds of drivers make the transition and we are looking forward to helping thousands more.
We also run events with businesses and communities to enable drivers and decision makers to get behind the wheel for themselves, and think through how electric driving could work for them.
Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology and Octopus Energy Services and together, we recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company to help continue our mission.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.