Highview Power is a small but growing global organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
Our proprietary long duration, zero emissions energy storage system utilises cryogenic technology and surplus electricity; at times of low demand/low cost, to make liquid air which can be stored and later converted back into energy and released into the grid, at times of high demand/high cost.
This award-winning technology has been dubbed as “the missing link” to making Renewable Green Energy sources a more resilient, reliable and cost-effective option when compared with traditional fossil fuel alternatives.
Highview Power value their employees and are committed to creating a positive, inspiring and inclusive working environment.
About the Role
The Electrical & Control Engineer will report to the EICA Engineering Manager and be based in Carrington, Greater Manchester or Trafalgar Square, London with regular national and international travel to sites and to client and vendor meetings. There is also flexibility to work from home dependent on the needs of the business.
The Electrical & Control Engineer will represent the UK based engineering team in product and project development whilst providing additional technical support to the UK team on electrical and control systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical and control system design ensuring relevant standards for the market and liaising with an international multidisciplinary team to design and deliver CRYOBattery projects across multiple geographies.
In return, Highview Power will provide the successful candidate with training and development opportunities, competitive salary and the chance to be a part of building a cleaner, greener, better future for everyone.
- Assist in CRYOBattery technology development
- Offer technical support to the US team on design, construction, and commissioning matters
- Review vendor technical proposals to ensure they are appropriate and comply with our requirements
- Identify areas for improvements, cost reductions, increases in efficiency etc.
- Develop product design for CRYOBattery electrical systems (HV/MV/LV)
- Develop product design for CRYOBattery control systems
- Support international team on CRYOBattery EICA systems
- Onsite commissioning support and plant operation
- Take part in design and review meetings
- Inspect and review installations and documentation to ensure quality and accordance with our design
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of general tasks and duties, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation. The job holder will be expected to complete all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- Relevant BEng Degree or equivalent such as Electrical Engineering
- Significant onsite electrical & control engineering experience gained from the Energy, Water, Steel, Chemical or Oil & Gas industries
- Experience of electrical & control design
- Experience of construction and commissioning
- Rotating machines experience
- CAD experience
- Documentation experience including single line diagrams, load schedules, system architectures and functional design specifications
- Experience of working to UK standards and regulations
- Experience of safety instrumented systems according to IEC61508/61511
- Relevant MEng Degree or equivalent such as Electrical Engineering
- MIET membership or chartership
- Experienced in working with EPCs and/or OEMs
- Experience of PLC/DCS systems
- Experience of electrical power systems
- Experience of UK/US/European electrical systems
- Experience of power transmission systems in various markets (island vs regional balancing)
- Comfortable in remote working and managing own time
- Excellent communication & personal skills
- The chance to make a difference!
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual salary review
- Discretionary share option program
- Achievement Award incentive pilot
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension following 3 month’s service
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Professional membership fee reimbursement