As part of a dynamic, multi-skilled and small team, your responsibilities as Electrical Design Engineer are to design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and components of our cutting-edge products, focusing on economy, safety (within ATEX environment), reliability, quality, and sustainability. You will work from specifications to design new products and components and generate design schemes and initial drawings for prototype production and testing. You will produce wiring diagrams, panel drawings, cable schedules and other required documentation required for the correct assembly and installation of the completed product. You will primarily work from home, with a requirement to attend meetings in the UK or Portugal, as required.
As part of the design team, you will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover. You will also be involved in writing maintenance programs, build documentation, operating procedures as well as project plans and ISO documentation.
This role has the potential for growth to lead a team of electrical design engineers and other supporting staff.
- Identify customer requirements.
- Design systems and products.
- Read/write design specifications and technical drawings.
- Research suitable solutions and estimate costs and timescales.
- Design prototypes of products using electrical design software.
- Generate complete electrical design pack, including schedules, diagrams, drawings, bill of materials, engineering notes, etc.
- Working to British (BS), European (EN), North American and other standards.
- Liaise with others in the design team.
- Make proper use of Autodesk Vault version control system for storing drawings and files.
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP and DSEAR efforts for new designs and changes to existing designs.
- Supporting electrical assembly and manufacturing of equipment at our partner facilities in Europe and USA (plus other locations in future).
- Communicate courteously with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders by telephone, email, letter, and face to face.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with stakeholders.
- Provide design input and feedback for R&D projects.
- Provide technical and operational support to colleagues, sales agents and clients during and after the sales process.
- Contribute to the preparation of grant proposals and tender request responses.
- Comply with company and site-specific Health & Safety policies and Codes of Practice, including the development and implementation of Risk Assessments, Safe Working Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete paperwork and producing reports diligently.
- Adhere to all statutory regulations, and SEaB Energy policies and procedures.
- Protect, at all times, the confidentiality of information handled within the remit of the post.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering (or similar/equivalent).
- Significant experience of using Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical (others a plus).
- Experience of safety-critical design (within ATEX environment).
- The ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions.
- The ability to explain design ideas clearly.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Able to work unsupervised, function as part of a team, and build/lead a team.
- Ability to work dynamically and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Sound experience of cross-cultural working.
- Experience of working within a compliance driven environment.
- Good Computer skills (MacOS, MS Office, ERP, G-Suite, Cloud-based tools, etc.).
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to achieve project plan targets whilst remaining flexible, not easily distracted or diverted from key priorities.
- A team player; willing to participate in other areas to support colleagues as required, willing to handle waste as needed.
- Willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as needed (occasionally for extended periods).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Permanent right to work in the UK or EU.
- Autodesk Vault Administrator experience.
- Technical experience within the Anaerobic Digestion industry.
- Experienced in working within renewable energy or oil and gas.
- Fluency in a second language.
- An understanding of the challenges faced by an SME/ start-up organisation.
- An appreciation of the value of renewable and alternative energy.
- Right to work in the EU/UK.
- Right to work in the US.