To apply for this job please visit upside.energy.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth we are now looking for an exceptional person to help us work with stakeholders to develop our DSR pipeline. We contract directly with flexibility customers and device owners as well as manufacturers and electricity suppliers, so we are looking for someone with the technical skills in the installation, operation, and maintenance of hardware (some of which is virtualised) at our client sites, working with our technical and commercial teams.
You will be joining a team that is innovative and engineering-focused, with a culture that fosters collaboration, fluidity and the application of fresh and original thinking to the creation of a new energy system. Ideally, you have experience in installing hardware with an electrical engineering focus — but more than any specific experience, the most important criteria for success will be your talent, energy and passion to help build and shape the future within a collaborative, agile, community-based environment.
- This role will work under the supervision of a senior professional engineer in the design of hardware, software and control solutions to meet specification.
- You will have ownership and leadership of delegated projects/tasks.
- You will research into new and emerging technologies/devices and capture and document detailed requirements. Our current device range includes UPS, batteries, PV systems, heating and cooling systems, and EV’s.
- You will undertake evaluation of potential technical solutions and development of design solutions.
- You will liaise with suppliers and produce detailed technical specifications for procured items.
- You will undertake installation, testing and certification of devices on client sites across the UK, so some travel is expected.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Proven experience in networked hardware installation and hardware operations support
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: computer programming, command line tools, computer networking, and the Modbus Protocol
- Ability to travel to work with partners, customers and colleagues in other offices (with a clean drivers license)
- Familiarity with hardware product development (Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, etc.)
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative, agile development environment
- Experience in client account management
- Experience in technical report & documentation writing
Note: This description gives a feel for the role, however if you’re missing something here but think you’d fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 dependent on experience
This role is permanent, and based in the Northern Quarter, Manchester.
As an Upside employee we offer you…
- Competitive salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance cash plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme (when we can!)
- Flexible working and unpaid holiday options
- Paid socials
- Casual dress code
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.