We are searching for an experienced Electrical Installation and Commissioning Engineer to be based at any of our UK&I offices, with frequent extended visits to project sites and other offices across the UK & Ireland.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
RES UK and Ireland develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects across the UK and Ireland. The Electrical Installation and Commissioning Engineer will work with the development, construction, and support services teams to coordinate, and where appropriate manage, all aspects of the construction, testing and commissioning of renewable projects constructed by RES. This is inclusive of site support, grid compliance and carrying out system and service performance tests on completion.
The Electrical Installation and Commissioning Engineer will represent RES during all site commissioning and testing activities with the grid connection provider during the delivery of contestable or non-contestable connections.
- Contribution to the preparation of contract documentation;
- Provide design input from a construction perspective;
- Contribution to the Construction H&S documentation;
- Compile the designers’ requirements for the inspection and test plans associated with the electrical works.
- Compile a detailed Project Specific Commissioning Plan ensuring compliance with the EPC specification;
- coordination, in association with the site management team, all on and off site electrical activities;
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver, monitor and report on the project, commissioning and testing plans;
- Promote performance improvements through application and adherence to the Business Management System;
- Coordinate all site, commissioning and testing works required to energise the grid connection;
- Adapt the technology specific commissioning procedures to suit the project specific application;
- Coordinate and provide LV and HV switching, to support the delivery of the project;
- Ensure that any deficiencies identified during FAT’s which would prevent the commissioning of the project are recorded, tracked and remedied by the supplier;
- Ensure adherence to the Business Management System’s Change Management Procedure with respect to electrical installation and commissioning activities;
- Contribution to the development of the health and Safety file; and
- Work with the suppliers to ensure the defined level of quality control is delivered during the design, installation and commissioning works.
Electrical installations including high voltage and protection systems for energy generation plants including:-
- Commissioning electrical systems
- HV, LV AC & DC electrical systems SCADA and control systems
- UK and ROI Electricity Health and Safety regulations
- Electrical fault finding
- Communication systems and protocols
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- IT, including MS office, project, Excel etc.
- Confident presenter
- Good negotiator
- Team player
- Time Management
- Organisational Skills
- Record keeping
- Electrical installation including high voltage,
- SCADA control systems. testing of electrical plant.
- A degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline, with at least 5 years post-graduation experience in commissioning electrical systems.
- Or an electrical trades / NVQ background with at least 10 years’ experience in installing and commissioning electrical systems.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.