Commercial Operations | up to £36k | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Electrical Installations Surveyor to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Projects and Planning and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Carry out in depth technical EV Infrastructure site surveys in the London area.
- Assess installation feasibility, and provide the most cost- and functionality-optimised proposals for our customers
- Deliver high quality survey outputs in order to provide accurate quote packages
- Support the quoting team and accurately price work packages based on surveys
- Support our customers with technical decisions
- Find innovative solutions to reduce installation costs
- Maintain continuous improvement of our survey quality and estimating process
What you’ll need
- 2+ years experience in Electrical Contracting or Electrical Engineering
- Competent in assessing big panel board supplies and coming up with electrical feasibility designs
- Self-starter, independent and innovative
- Hard-working and love dealing with commercial customers
- Keen focus on Health and Safety
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident talking to key project stakeholders
- Comfortable working with numbers and data
- City and Guilds 18th Edition/2391 or 2394/95
- Degree educated
- Previous experience in the electrical contracting industry
- ECS / CSCS cardholder
- SMSTS Certification
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely too. We also realise it can seem daunting to start a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we do intend to reopen the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, and once we do you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer. Additionally we’re putting in place some extra initiatives to keep our culture humming (for both “work” and “play”) as we transition to being a remote first company.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!