Operations | Up to £33k p.a. | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Electrical Project Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Central Operations & Project Management and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Quote and Design EV Charging infrastructure Schemes
- Accurately price and design work packages based on surveys completed by our field team
- Plan commercial installation work to time, cost and quality; and to maximise customer satisfaction and safety
- Project Management
- Plan our work
- Manage all aspects of our installation work across both our in-house teams and subcontract teams
- In-house installs
- Remotely manage the on site actions of our teams
- Ensure our teams meet our time, cost, quality and safety KPIs
- Assess the performance of our inhouse teams
- Evaluate our performance against key KPIs
- Constantly seek to improve our performance
What you’ll need
- Demonstrable knowledge of Contract Management or Project management roles
- An understanding of Electrical Building Services installations and Contracts Management
- Previous experience of managing commercial installs, small and large, with civil and electrical elements using both in house and subcontract field team
- Keen focus on Health and Safety
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident talking to key project stakeholders
- Comfortable working with numbers and data
- Calm under pressure and able to make decisions quickly
- Degree educated
- Have previously worked as an electrician or electrical design engineer
- Previous experience in the electrical contracting industry
- ECS / CSCS cardholder
- AutoCAD experience
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks. We’re a “Remote first” company anyway, so we’re continuing to conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). As soon as we feel it’s safe, we do intend to reopen our London office; and once that happens you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer – although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!