At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
What you’ll be doing
- Be a visible and supportive ambassador of electrical safety operational excellence
- Promote Arrival’s Health & Safety management system throughout the company
- Support with the HV Staff-Induction process
- Technical creation/review/update of HV directives on Arrival’s Wiki
- Technical review/update of HV training procedures, both Live and On-Vehicle
- Deliver high voltage training including:
EV Informed Person
EV Competent Person
EV Authorized Person
EV Senior Authorised Person
Battery Informed Person
Battery Competent Person
Battery Authorized Person
Senior Battery Authorised Person
- Act as HV Design Authority for the business
- Act as HV Safety Authority and as such “Authorising Engineer” – assessing Senior Authorised Persons (SAPs) complete battery/vehicle procedures
- Appoint and manage “Assessing Engineers” to perform assessments within teams as the company grows
- Review and specify PPE and equipment requirements
- Active role within the wider Health and Safety Committee in the business
- Investigate and respond to questions related to high voltage systems
- Keep Head of Health and Safety apprised of potential issues concerning high voltage systems
- Interface with different teams to ensure global HV safety compliance impacts are identified, addressed, and documented
- Monitor industry EV regulations, standards and releases to anticipate any impact to regulatory compliance and work proactively to ensure appropriate compliance levels.
What you’ll need
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Electrical Engineering Degree) or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Electrical Engineering Degree)
- Previous strong experience as Senior Authorised Person within companies in the Automotive sector (EVs)
- High voltage safety awareness
- Engineering mindset along with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical information between Arrival and relevant stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Excellent planning and decision-making capabilities
- Effective and clear communication
- Advanced English both written and oral
- Attention to details
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office package
- Teamwork spirit
We’d love it if you have
- A passion for Health, Safety and Environment
- A hunger to learn.
- A huge desire to achieve.
- The ability to work in a fast-moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly
- improve themselves and their company.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.