The Settlement and Data Team is responsible for maintaining Ecotricity’s settlement position above the industry standard set by Elexon. The department is responsible for ensuring a high standard of Data integrity across the national database and our internal systems. This is done by resolving incoming data exceptions in line with the BSC settlement code.
- Support the Team Leader and Industry Settlement and Data Manager with agent performance and any reporting as required
- Resolve exceptions, industry participant queries, and maintain customer data held within Ecotricity systems within given timescales
- Being an escalation and technical support lead for the Electricity Data team and the wider business on Electricity Industry Data queries for HH
- Striving to become the ‘go to’ person with the view to developing a comprehensive understanding of the whole HH customer journey and industry data journey.
- Working through error checks, and assisting with the reporting and eventual upload of all workstreams into Salesforce/workable format
- Be a point of contact within the team for business projects, assisting with the implementation and progression of business projects.
- Maintaining and creating written process documents for the whole team, and updating as appropriate
- Performing root cause analysis where appropriate on processes, alongside the Operations Analytics Team, and re-writing process documents where appropriate.
- Continuous improvement on all processes within the team, and manage rolling out any improvements/changes
- Train all current staff and any new staff up to a high level on all current and new processes being able to tailor when required
- Attend all industry/software training days as appropriate, and feed all up to date information back to the team leader and team.
- Liaise with other departments and third parties to ensure that a fair and timely outcome is achieved for customer and industry impacting problems.
- Complete any monthly or weekly reports as required by the team leader
- Ensuring department meets all industry compliance and regulations requirements, and this knowledge is shared with the team
- Customer and third-party outbound contact to ensure timely and effective resolution
- Resolve high level exceptions created by inter-system interfaces
- Other projects and ad-hoc tasks deemed inline with the wider ongoing needs of the team and Ecotricity mission.
- Extensive knowledge of the Utility Industry with a minimum 1 years’ experience.
- Ensuring the team is always fully compliant with OFGEM Regulations by engaging in updates and changes in the wider energy industry
- Experience working with third party Agents (MOP, DC/DA)
- High level of computer literacy with experience of a CRM system, Utilisoft AFMS systems and Ecoes coupled with knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Prioritize a wide range of tasks and manage workload effectively
- Committed to continual improvement for themselves and their teammates, contributing to process changes and championing them through to implementation
- Proven success in effective relationship management both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent coaching and team development skills
- High level of numeracy, accuracy and problem-solving ability
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Report writing and monitoring ability
- Ability to successfully implement change, and proactively and positively support others through change, along with the Team Leader.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, demonstrating a genuine interest in the industry and developing your own and your team’s knowledge
- A proven record around adherence, sickness and behavior meeting and exceeding set KPI’s
- Pride yourself on maintaining industry data integrity across industry and internal systems
- Committed to continual improvement
- Methodical and organised, ability to manage own work
- Treats customers and peers the way they like to be treated
- Working in a proactive way to find creative and innovative solutions
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Exceptional team player who is open and supportive and also confidently manages stakeholder relationships
- Takes ownership of queries through to resolution
- Influences outcomes by using effective communication
- Remains calm under pressure
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Live and breathe the Ecotricity Ethos
- Required 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade C or above, Maths and English are essential
- A-Level or equivalent preferred
Ecotricity is Britain’s greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to supply a new kind of electricity – the green kind.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used in Britain – by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don’t just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers’ bills to make it ourselves too – we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this ‘bills into mills’. In 2021, we’re starting work on building two new solar parks, and in 2022 we’re bringing geothermal energy to our customers’ fuel mix, a first in the UK. We’re also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that will never run out – grass.
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric vehicle charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.