The role of Electro-Mechanical Technician is to provide electro-mechanical assembly & modification capability for the manufacture, operation and maintenance of the RT machines, equipment and facilities. In addition, they will support the R&D, Design & Engineering teams during testing, manufacturing and commissioning phases. The Electro-Mechanical Technician will be required to work within a skilled team to deliver both manufacturing and offsite maintenance and operations tasks within the Company.
- Installation and modification of mechanical and electrical systems on the operational RT700 Pilot Plant.
- Assembly of mechanical and electrical systems on the RT7000 machines at RT’s manufacturing facility.
- Installation and commissioning of the RT7000 machines at client sites.
- Electro-mechanical maintenance of the RT7000 machines once in commercial operation.
- Support & advise the design and engineering teams regarding potential assembly / maintenance improvements.
- Contribute to plans for reducing onsite commissioning lead times and costs.
- Assist in developing the company’s Quality, H&S & 5S programs.
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Electro-mechanical qualification and/or completed apprenticeship.
- Demonstrable experience of electrical and mechanical assembly and maintenance.
- At least two years’ experience in an electro-mechanical role, preferably within the oil and gas / petrochemical or waste industry.
- Readiness to travel where and when required.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Familiar with operational Health and Safety requirements.
- Able to deliver the highest quality standards to exacting timescales.
- Able to act as an ambassador for the company at all times, particularly when based on client installation sites.
- Proficiency working in a team environment with cross-functional groups.
- Good communication skills.