To apply for this job please visit www.powervault.co.uk.
The Electronic/Hardware Engineer will take ownership of Powervault’s technical product architecture including the following:
- Design and maintain product architecture at a systems level to ensure that all aspects of the system function including hardware, firmware, electronics, electrics and mechanical product aspects
- Write specifications, test plans and provide documentation for manufacturing operations team
- Lead resolution of systems architecture related problems
- Lead resolution of architecture related bugs
- Manage a small team of electronic/test engineers
- Liaise with software engineering team responsible for cloud architecture and application code
Candidates will need to demonstrate experience in a role with these functions having knowledge of battery technology and consumer product development. Previous experience in the energy sector would be advantageous but is not essential.
- BSc/BEng electronic engineering degree
- Prior experience of battery management systems, lithium ion batteries and power electronics
- Experience of designing electronic consumer products at a system level
- Extensive knowledge of electronics and AC and DC power management
- Experience with technologies including micro-controllers, serial protocols (eg. RS232/RS485, I2C), Ethernet
- Knowledge and experience of CE marking and meeting EMC, LVD and other standards required
- Able to create systems that operate safely and take responsibility for ensure safe design
- Poses a good appreciation for embedded software
- Experience with micro-controllers including PIC / ARM Cortex M4 / IMX6 / IMX7
- Experience with software including C / C++ / Python / Embedded Linux
- Experience working with third party suppliers of electronic components and sub-systems
- Experience designing and specifying printed circuit boards and liaising with third parties to implement them
The candidate will need to be:
- able to deliver to deadlines and budgets while working under typical start-up constraints
- highly motivated and prepared to operate in a dynamic early stage start-up environment
- adaptable and self managing, high achiever
- target and goal driven with a focus on quality and able to motivate the others to achieve the same
- has strong communication skills and is able to communicate at all levels of the business
- driven and resourceful with the ability to enthuse others
- not afraid to challenge or be challenged
- proactive and organised
The candidate will be a highly experienced electronics engineer having had considerable experience in a similar job.
Powervault is offering flexible working hours plus the opportunity to work remotely when the company can allow it and dependant on the nature of the role.
A commitment to meeting the challenge of sustainable development in the UK is welcome but not critical. The candidate will be expected to appreciate and understand the principles, benefits and barriers to the deployment of distributed energy storage.
Powervault is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Powervault are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity or any other status protected by laws or regulations.