The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Hello, we’re SSE Energy Services. We’re part of OVO Group, a family of brands on a mission to drive progress towards zero carbon living.
We’re proud to supply energy to millions of homes in the UK. We even offer broadband, boiler and heating cover. Bringing life’s essentials to all corners of the country.
We’re here to keep the UK running, street by street, home by home. Doing our bit to make everyday life easier. Being here for people when they need us most. And making sure every home works brilliantly, no matter what it takes.
But bringing people exceptional service and clever ways to save money, isn’t easy. We need the brightest brains and the best kind of people to help us.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Get in touch!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role sits in the SSE Energy Solutions team who are responsible for fitting energy efficiency measures such as insulation, new heating systems and ground source heat pumps. to domestic properties across the UK. Partnering with organisations such as housing associations, local authorities and individual homeowners, the team are integral in increasing energy efficiency and reducing carbon footprints.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join us to cover sites based in Kent, Essex and East Anglia regions.
What will I be doing?
Day to day, you will be providing technical support to determine the suitability of potential supply chain partners with regards their safe working practices and quality standards for the safe installation of Central Heating, Renewables and Insulation measures
The role will provide on site support with continuous monitoring so that safe working practices detailed within our supply chain are adhered too, always sharing best practice and learnings. In addition to lead the project team and own responsibility for the successful delivery of projects, ensuring projects are delivered on-time, within budget and to the highest SHE standards, and our contractual commitments and compliance requirements are met in full.
Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of Central Heating systems, renewables and insulation measures to support selection and on site auditing of PC processes during installation.
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest SHE standards, above set benchmarks and compliant with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Keep up to date with all relevant regulations and obligation in order to inform and maintain compliance (Electrical, Gas Regulations, Building Regulations, as well as ECO and RHI)
- Provide inspirational leadership to your direct reports and the wider supply chain
- Deliver projects to achieve the required quality, on time and within budget
- Ensure all project documentation is complete, compliant and appropriately stored
- Work with Principal Contractors and System Suppliers to support appropriate scheme designs
- Support the development of in-house Principal Contractor capability.
- Submit accurate/timely project status reports on the agreed suite of reporting templates
- Compliance on allocated projects and undertake stage installer partner audits
- Manage site issues and any customer complaints within agreed SLAs or internal KPIs
- Work collaboratively with the Business Assurance Team to ensure the resolution of all Technical Monitoring Fails within set timescales
- Complete site measures as necessary, manage the variation process and validate all subcontractor valuations
- Comply with the core processes that are in place covering the works being undertaken
- Ensure contractual management commitments and project requirements are met in full
- Ensure that client views are communicated to the senior team with regards to ongoing service delivery
- Share good practice within Energy Solutions and promote an innovative approach
- Provide front line technical support to allow the filtering of potential project suitability/unsuitability.
- Proactive risk management to ensure that sites operate safely and comply fully with current legislations and regulations.
- Ensure PAS2030 and MCS compliance on all allocated projects and the accurate forecasting of contractor’s monthly carbon submissions
- Own the development of and maintenance of effective, positive client relationships.
Is this the job for me?
We are looking for someone who has comparable experience in a similar field who has the ability to thrive in complex and challenging environments. They will have excellent technical and problem solving skills and will be able to balance customer focus between internal/external customers, clients and contractors.
Ideally you will have:
- Strong Technical knowledge of domestic First-time central heating systems, Domestic Renewable energy and Insulation measures
- An understanding of government obligation – ECO and Renewable heating Incentive.
- A demonstrable understanding of all SSE’s business areas, domestic retrofit and the wider Energy industry.
- A strong understanding of the business needs that drive your team’s activities.
- A high-level understanding of your team’s area(s) of responsibility and how they contribute towards the Groups goals.
You should hold some of the following qualifications to be successful;
- Current ASHP Approved installer course (Mitsubishi Ecodan or equivalent) and/or Gas Safe Registration, and/or Insulation
- Site Managers Safety – SMSTS
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme – CSCS
- APM / PRINCE2 or similar
- Computer literate with proficiency of MS Word, MS Excel, MSP (Project Software)
- Basic experience & knowledge of JCT / NEC Form of Contracts[HO1]
- Full clean driving license is essential as travel within the UK to sites will form part of the role- including some overnight stays.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.