The Energy Expert Team Leader role offers Hybrid working (Minimum 2 days a week in the office). Leading a team of up to 15 People you will be driving performance towards our departmental objectives. Our department aims to deliver accurate and timely billing of our customers’ energy accounts. We do this by anticipating problems before the customer’s impacted. When things do go wrong we strive to deliver customer first contact resolution wherever possible. The team you will be leading completes reactive and proactive work through phone, system and email channels.
The Billing Department touches many retail departments including, but not limited to, industry data, debt and sales.
About the team
Energy companies expect customers to wait a lifetime to be answered…. Our team get to our customers much sooner, we have a person on the end of the phone, it doesn’t matter what the customer query is, we are here to help. We support and train our people to deal with any question a customer may ask; and our people own the customer interaction from start to finish, we don’t pass our customers from pillar to post. Top class customer service is what we pride ourselves on and if your passion is to treat customers fairly and provide awesome customer service this is the team for you.
The department is vibrant, fast paced and friendly but extremely professional with customer experience always its primary focus. We are currently amid a transformational programme of change all aimed at improving the service we offer to our customers and our people are at the forefront of our initiatives.
Join our team and help us achieve our mission 🙂
You’ll have a positive ‘can do’ proactive attitude, be people centric, and able to take a measured approach to workload management, enabling delivery of key targets.
In order to succeed in the role, you’ll be extremely organised and commercially aware, with the ability to foresee future challenges that may arise and plan to mitigate against them. You’ll have experience in people management and any experience in client/customer management will be advantageous
You’ll be a great leader and a proven motivator, who is able to successfully manage a team through change through your experiences.
Attitudes & Behaviours
- A strong leader and exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships both internally and externally
- Strong emotional intelligence – able to utilise a range of management techniques to get the best out of your team
- Open, flexible and adaptable approach to work and people leadership
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Committed to continual improvement
- Your attitude and style will engage and motivate
- Methodical and organised, managing own work – self starter
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Forward thinking, innovative and inspire those around you
- Have confidence in your team and trust them to deliver
- Embrace change and helps others to embrace change
- Live and breathe Ecotricity’s mission and ethos
- Act with integrity and are respectful, fair and kind to everyone
- Are positive and proactive in your approach within the department and business as a whole
- Ensure our customers and your team are at the heart of everything you do
- Are enthusiastic about learning and innovative about sharing your knowledge
- Set challenging yet achievable goals for yourself and your team
- Managing the ongoing development of the team including managing staff performance against agreed objectives & skills levels
- Ensure that under performance is managed through utilisation of the performance support scheme best practice, in line with our People team’s process and policy
- Ensure regular Personal Development Reviews (PDR) are completed for all staff and ensure delivery of regular coaching sessions
- Effectively recruit new team members and facilitate their training
- Ensure the team delivers exceptional customer experience to internal & external customers
- Create and maintain strong relationships with the wider business, recognising and delivering improvements for our customers and/ or staff
- Ensure we are industry complaint within our area and adhere to agreed deadlines and regulation
- Effectively prioritise workloads using resources to achieve business needs
- Maximise success of current and longer-term objectives and deliverables
- Produce reports to agreed timescales and to complete any other reporting or monitoring of workload as requested
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experienced in managing and developing a team to a high standard
- Identify and resolve complex People Management situations
- Lead by example with outstanding customer service skills and industry knowledge
- Continually develop your team using Quality Monitoring, Mentoring and Coaching
- Utilise team strengths to deliver results
- Effectively communicate and influence at all levels
- Are decisive in making decisions and show confidence in your decisions
- Have ideally worked in a leadership role for over 2 years
- Ability to multi-task and run multiple workstreams, using own initiative
- Ability to assess, analyse and make commercially aware decisions
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- High level of computer literacy, ideally with experience of Excel, Access and Salesforce
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work dynamically and accurately under pressure
- Ability to engage with external regulators and 3rd parties as required
- Ideally energy industry literate
The fast-moving nature of the company’s business means that from time to time you may be asked to perform roles outside your original job description on an ad hoc basis. This allows the company to utilise its people in the best possible way at all times and helps employees to make their contribution in a changing environment.
Ecotricity is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equality for all.
Ecotricity is Britain’s greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to supply a new kind of electricity – the green kind.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used in Britain – by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don’t just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers’ bills to make it ourselves too – we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this ‘bills into mills’. In 2021, we’re starting work on building two new solar parks, and in 2022 we’re bringing geothermal energy to our customers’ fuel mix, a first in the UK. We’re also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that will never run out – grass.
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric vehicle charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.