Location: Any of our offices
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role sits within the OVO Group Facilities team and reports to the Head of Property but will work closely with the Group Sustainability team.
What will I be doing?
This role provides an exciting opportunity to lead on OVO Group’s energy management strategy and drive progress towards our ambitious targets. The role includes the development and implementation of strategies to minimise energy use in commercial buildings, site surveys, in depth reports, stakeholder engagement and energy project coordination.
Key responsibilities include:
Strategy development & implementation
- Leading on the strategic direction of energy management in OVO’s operations in line with Plan Zero.
- Developing a roadmap to achieve our commitments to reducing energy use, carbon emissions and costs from OVO’s own operations (at all of our sites including owned, leased and co-working properties).
- Building the business case for energy efficiency and low carbon opportunities.
- Developing and implementing a Group energy management system and a suite of policies, procedures and processes and ensure that a consistent approach is taken across the business that can be scaled to new sites as OVO Group expands.
Compliance & reporting
- Conducting energy audits and providing detailed findings and recommendations on energy efficiency management measures to the OVO Group Sustainability team and wider stakeholders.
- Supporting compliance with energy-related compliance requirements (E.g. ESOS and SECR).
- Managing renewable energy commitments (e.g. self-generation, renewable energy contracts etc.)
- Developing KPIs and targets to measure performance. Monitor and analyse KPIs against targets to identify trends and opportunities for performance improvements.
- Reporting on energy consumption and costs and savings achieved to the Sustainability Team and wider Leadership Teams.
- Providing advice regarding the operation and maintenance of infrastructure (e.g. boilers, chillers, HVAC, lighting, solar panels etc.) to deliver optimal carbon and energy efficiency.
- Acting as the subject matter expert for energy management and a central point for advice, guidance, support and direction around energy.
- Leading energy efficiency awareness and behavioural change programmes.
Is this the job for me?
Ideally you will have:
- Qualifications in energy, engineering or equivalent field.
- Experience in a similar energy management role with a strong understanding of building engineering services for commercial buildings and successfully developing and implementing energy management programmes.
- Ability to perform building energy audits and identify opportunities for energy, carbon and cost savings in commercial buildings.
- Experience and technical knowledge of energy efficiency interventions and technologies and how to implement them.
- Ability to develop, implement and build the business case for investing in energy, carbon and cost saving projects.
- Familiarity with Building Energy Management Systems, monitoring and targeting software and AMR solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation relating to energy and carbon management.
- Experience of working with Facilities Management delivery partners.
- Demonstrable ability to drive change and engage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of ISO50001 and ISO14001 certification.
- Experience of BREAM and SKA certification.
- CIBSE LCEA or LCC.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.