We’re keen to bring people with different levels of experience into our Energy Specialist team. Whether you’ve got a couple of years of customer service under your belt or you’re a recent graduate, we’d love to hear from you.
Bulb is making energy simpler, cheaper and greener. We’re changing the way the energy industry treats customers and treats the planet. It’s simple things, like calling our customers ‘members’, that help us stand out from the crowd. We recognise that delivering brilliant support and a simple digital experience makes for loyal members who recommend us to their friends and family.
Our Energy Specialists are the people in charge of Bulb’s member experience.
At other energy companies, customers might be handed around to different departments, but at Bulb, our Energy Specialists are able to handle any query from beginning to end. You’ll be helping members with their accounts, answering questions about Bulb, contacting other energy suppliers and everything in between.
As an Energy Specialist, you’ll be learning huge amounts about how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers.
- You’ll help Bulb members with a wide variety of queries by phone, email and online chat
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment, always striving to provide the best experience for our members
- You’ll resolve simple queries efficiently, and you’ll take the time to investigate and resolve more complex ones
- You’ll work in small teams to drive improvements in efficiency and member experience
- As your experience grows, you’ll take on more responsibility within your team
Our Energy Specialists drive Bulb’s long-term success. We’re looking for people willing to invest into the role and the team. In return, we’ll give you the opportunity to impact the way our business works and develop skills that we hope will open up exciting career opportunities in the future.
We’re committed to making the technology and energy industries become a more inclusive and diverse place, and we’re working hard to lead by example. We’re looking to hire people who are able to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable working in a changing environment.
There are a few things that we think are essential to becoming a great Energy Specialist:
- You work well with structure in your day
- You’re motivated by hitting and exceeding targets
- You care deeply about how companies treat their customers
- You’re able to work some evenings and weekends
There are some other things we think will be valuable in the role:
- You’re confident speaking on the phone to a variety of people
- You’re resilient and you cope well with difficult situations
- You have excellent communication and writing skills
- You can think on your feet and use your initiative in ambiguous situations
- You’re comfortable with numbers and learning new technology
- You’re reliable, energetic and able to prioritise effectively
- You see obstacles as challenges and you enjoy complex problem solving
- You relish the idea of self learning and personal development
If that sounds like you, we’d love for you to send us an application.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Share options so we can all own a bit of Bulb
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the option to take 5 extra unpaid days if you need them
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- After a year at Bulb, you can take a month-long unpaid sabbatical to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot
- Healthcare, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Team social events and wellbeing activities, including office yoga and meditation
- Sanctus mental health coaching so you can bring your whole self to work
- Cycle to work scheme for a carbon-free commute
- Free breakfast on Monday mornings
- Collaborative and friendly offices with bottomless tea, coffee and snacks