A role within customer operations at Octopus Energy is a chance to join an exciting scale-up business within the energy supply sector – one that’s at the forefront of changing the landscape of the energy industry. A job with us offers you the chance to contribute to building world class operations that will catapult you into a fantastic career.
We know having a diverse & open culture fosters success and drives innovation. We’re looking for Energy Specialists to join our team in Brighton.
What you’ll do…
- Talk to customers over the phone or via email, engaging with industry stakeholders, and highlighting inefficiencies all form part of the day to day role.
- Working in Operations, you’ll be at the heart of everything we do – working with customers.
- Taking full responsibility for all issues that you come across, you’ll be delivering end to end customer service. Gone are the days of customers getting stuck in a never ending loop of being transferred between departments, you’ll be fully trained in every aspect of the customer experience and be able to help with any problem.
- Every day, we come across problems not seen before, and those in Operations are tasked with bringing about awesome solutions while keeping up with rapid fire change as we grow. Expect the unexpected.
The types of people we would love to hear from are those that are…
- Excited to help customers – Customers are at the centre of everything we do. From the CEO to our Data Scientists, everyone across the business deals with customers. In Operations, we’re at the forefront and the main point of call for all our customers and it will be your main responsibility to go to the ends of the earth to keep our customers impressed and excited about Octopus Energy being their energy supplier.
- Open minded – We’re a rapidly growing company, which means sometimes things go wrong, and we don’t shy away from this. We take everything as a learning curve and expect you to as well, being proactive in spotting weak areas and suggesting solutions and improvements to the customer’s experience.
- Approachable – Everything we do in operations, and across Octopus, is built around teamwork. People in our teams are always there to support and help each other and we expect everyone to be a team player.
- Inclusive – We are looking to continue building our wonderful, inclusive culture full of enthusiastic, unique and diverse people from all backgrounds as we grow and continue to change the industry.
- Dedicated to sustainability – As a renewable energy supplier, those who are a part of our team are also deeply committed to helping in any way they can in their own lives in the fight against climate change and making a positive impact for the future.
- Committed to improvement – Our energy specialists are the main point of call for our customers and their input hugely shapes the customer journey. We are looking for people who will actively looking for ways in which we can improve the customer experience and not be afraid to speak up.
- A strong work ethic – A role in operations is very fast paced and can be challenging at times. We’re looking for people who can deal with challenging situations and who are responsible for their own future by working extremely hard to achieve their goals.
More about the company…
Our business was founded on a few key principles that define everything we do to this day. We provide green energy to the mass market and believe energy shouldn’t cost the earth (our backers Octopus Group also fund 40% of all the UK’s large scale solar generation). We also provide an efficient and personalised customer experience through our unique operational model (say goodbye to long call waits and hello to a transparent and consultative customer experience).
Don’t just take our word for it, we’ve got the credentials to back it up! We’ve been named Which?’s Recommended Energy Supplier three years running in 2018, 2019 and 2020. We are incredibly proud to be named the company that has done the most to advance UK renewables by the Renewable Energy Association.
Not only that, we also maintain a five star rating on TrustPilot (very rare in the energy industry) and our reputation has led to Ofgem entrusting us with the customers from two failed energy suppliers. In 2018, we partnered with legendary UK brand Marks & Spencer to relaunch M&S Energy, acquired Affect Energy, a small energy supplier based in Shoreham, and more recently we acquired Co-op Energy, GB Energy and Flow Energy in 2019. We’ve also partnered with Arsenal FC and the Cardiff Blues to help them power their stadiums with 100% renewable energy.
Getting to this point would not have been possible without the commitment and hard work of everyone in the team. Every Friday afternoon we have ‘Family Dinner’, where all our four sites (London, Leicester, Brighton and Warwick) connect through a video link with snacks and drinks for updates from the week and to recognise achievements across the team. We are growing very quickly and enjoy celebrating our hard-earned milestones, so don’t be surprised if we have a little celebration here and there (sometimes with bouncy castles full of cuddly Octopuses), like when we reached half a million customers.
** We strongly encourage applications from ethnic minorities, those who are disabled and those who identify as LGBT+ **