To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, Morocco, Vietnam and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels, and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100“.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing team and be responsible for our backend systems as we scale, and the personal development of the engineers working on them. As a key leader, you will shape the evolution of our team, and foster an encouraging, inclusive and hard-working environment. Initially, you will lead 3-5 engineers, and will have time to do hands-on work on interesting technical problems.
You will work closely with Product, Operations, Customer Support, Growth and other functions to help the team address many exciting upcoming challenges, including: scaling up to handle increased volume and complexity, helping our analysts derive business and product insights to drive growth and retention, building internal tools for our customer support and acquisition efforts, and much more!
Taptap Send is a cross-platform mobile app developed with React Native and TypeScript, which talks to a backend service written in Kotlin and backed by a PostgreSQL database, all of which runs on AWS and is managed via Terraform and Ansible. This is a backend-focused role, but you will have plenty of opportunities to work on all parts of our tech stack.
- Looking to join a growing team as a leader and have significant impact on its structure, processes and norms
- Energized about cultivating an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Comfortable collaborating with partners across all functions and believe in shared success
- An experienced engineer and tech lead, who enjoys coaching others and helping them grow to achieve their goals
- A clear communicator who believes in communicating kindly but candidly
- Committed to using your engineering skills for social good
- 8+ years of full-time software development experience, or equivalent
- Experience managing a high-performing engineering team of 5 or more, and a track record of mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience working on systems that have real-world performance and reliability constraints
- Experience with commercial cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Experience developing software in a collaborative, multi-functional, and fast-paced environment
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience implementing and managing elaborate integrations with third-party APIs
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code technologies, like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with SRE or similar infrastructure work
- Experience with Data Engineering concepts and workflows
Benefits (US)- specifics depend on geography!
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Behavioral health benefits
Taptap Values represent the core of who we are:
- Impact first.
- Team next.
- Accept reality, propose solutions.
- Win with grit.
- Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
- Love the particular.
- Own it.
- Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.