Our vision is to restore our planet through informed decisions and we will do that by empowering everyone to make informed climate decisions through Earth Science AI.
We’re seeking a technically savvy Customer Success Manager (CSM) to join our team at an exciting time for our business. You’ll be critical to bringing climate intelligence into the climate security market and to making our AI-first platform successful. You will be working across all stages of the product life cycle, and focusing on creating value for our customers.
You will join an agile and truly collaborative commercial team of business development and sales people working with customers to uncover challenges and deliver value. As Cervest’s first ever CSM, we want you to set the bar. You will play a crucial role driving strong enterprise-level customer partnerships across Cervest’s Climate Intelligence capability and digital experiences for our top enterprise customers, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction, engagement and retention. You’ll be passionate about addressing climate through data and science and fully understand its role and value to our customers’ businesses. You will be the customer’s advocate within Cervest and exist to help our customers unlock the value of their Cervest investment.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, highly mission-driven team where you’ll have the ability to make a significant impact on our company and our users.
We are a pro-diversity company and passionate about bringing together people of all backgrounds, because we know that a diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
As a Customer Success Manager at Cervest, you will:
- Lead and participate in the creation of strategies that drive product adoption, value realization and delight our customers throughout the duration of the customer lifecycle
- Customer relationship and executive stakeholder management (to C-level) to promote retention and loyalty
- Provide technical support and training to ensure customers are utilizing the product in the best way to meet their business needs
- Implement success programmes, contribute to sales, onboarding, training customers and issue resolution
- Be an educator – explain how our science and product addresses customer business needs
- Frequent interaction with clients, including Directors, VPs, and C-level executives of our top customers
- Drive focus on platform adoption and usage
- Represent the experience of the customer within Cervest
- Help build our CSM capability out
- Share results & key focus areas with cross-functional leaders
- Drive ongoing cadence with the team to report on critical metrics, and new initiatives
You’ll also contribute to:
- Overall team development
- Educating the rest of the business on commercial areas you are expert in
- Contributing insights and opinion to our overall commercial strategy
- Science and product team feedback on customer needs, issues, trends
- Prior experience of consistently and successfully leading customer relationships and technical implementations / projects
- Strong experience with SaaS / data platform / BI solutions
- Effective communication capabilities at the group management level
- Some background / understanding of statistical approaches
- Highly analytical – can interpret, translate and explain Climate Intelligence to our customers
- Exceptional customer relationship skills from your previous employment
- Proven track record of partnering effectively with enterprise sales leaders
- High computer literacy and possess aptitude for learning and using new technologies
- An innate drive for customer success and a strong commercial awareness
- Self-motivated, great teammate, accountable, and passionate about exceeding customer expectations
- Exceptional organisational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Prior understanding of climate risk. Exceptional candidates who can demonstrate an ability to learn climate extremely fast will also be considered
- Understanding of enterprise workflows, terminology, concepts and strategies
- Proven track record of leading through change and in high pressure situations
The interview process for this role will be approximately 4-5 hours in total (which we accommodate as much as possible around your obligations), comprising interviews with 3-4 Cervest representatives across the organisation, and an assessment on a relevant topic which is agreed in advance.
Salary – £40-50K / annum ((dependent on experience) or local equivalent, plus commission.
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.