Click here for an update from the Talent Acquisition team on how we are hiring during Covid19
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. We’re a collection of companies with a single vision: to power human progress with clean affordable energy for everyone.
The climate crisis is humanity’s greatest challenge and the OVO Group organisations are all working together to lower our collective carbon emissions to zero. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting into the Enterprise IT Manager, the Technical Specialist works within the Enterprise Tech team to solve escalated IT issues, IT project delivery, and continually improve the IT service at OVO through trend analysis, automating processes and proactive initiatives.
The Enterprise Tech team is responsible for the operational management of all Technology and Systems that support the OVO Energy business. The purpose of Enterprise Tech is to ensure OVO has the tools, information and support they need to operate, driving quality, usability and business value.
What will I be doing?
- Escalation point and 2nd/3rd line support for Enterprise IT stack, working with other Tech teams, Infrastructure and 3rd party suppliers where required.
- Solution design and delivery of Enterprise systems
- Problem Management – diagnosis and root cause investigation of impacting Enterprise IT issues, lending support on Problem Management best practice to other Tech teams
- OVO device hardware and software selection
- Creating and maintaining documentation and run books for Service Desk and other Tech teams
- Automating and integrating services
- Prioritise support tickets based on business impact and urgency, making full use of our service desk tool, JIRA
- Resolve and respond to incidents within Service Level Agreements, setting clear customer expectation around timescales for resolution
What areas am I responsible for?
- G Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Docs etc.)
- Directory services
- Group services: HR/Finance system
- Workflow tooling
- Monitoring and alerting
- Desktop/laptop experience, hardware, build, updates
- Identity management and Single Sign-on
- Information Security
- Contact centre telephony platform
- Client software updates
- Asset management system
- Disaster recovery
- Compliance and auditing
- Meeting room experience
- Visitor experience
- Remote working
- Enterprise service bus
- Automations and integrations
Is this the job for me?
You’ll need to have…
- Strong logical problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service
- Solution design/engineering experience
- Ability to time manage and prioritise workload
- Project delivery experience
With experience in some of the following technologies…
- Google G Suite and Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Windows operating systems (client and server)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Office
- Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
- Multifunction print control systems and devices
- Android and iOS operating systems
- Mobile devices i.e. phones and tablets
- Desktop and laptop hardware
- Network technologies such as TCP/IP and DHCP
- Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Video conferencing technologies
- Monitoring and syslog software such as Graylog and Nagios
- OS X and Linux operating systems
- Fortinet security software including anti-virus
Bonus if you have knowledge in…
- ITIL and Service Management
- Service Management/Helpdesk software
- Agile methodology
What we offer
- A very strong engineering culture (read more: https://tech.ovoenergy.com/)
- Competitive pay + a great bonus scheme
- 4% flexible benefits (we’ll chip in an extra 4% of your basic salary towards tech for your home, cycle scheme, health plan, workplace ISA, pension top up and much more)
- 26 days holiday + buy/sell scheme
- 5% matched pension
- Sabbatical after 3 years of service
- Enhanced maternity pay + shared parental leave
- Flexible working hours + home working
- Free breakfast every day
- Discounted Friska & onsite gym
- A real commitment to your training & development (including paid courses / subscriptions)
- & lots more!
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.