Highview Power is a small but growing global organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
Our proprietary long duration, zero emissions energy storage system utilises cryogenic technology and surplus electricity; at times of low demand/low cost, to make liquid air which can be stored and later converted back into energy and released into the grid, at times of high demand/high cost.
This award-winning technology has been dubbed as “the missing link” to making Renewable Green Energy sources a more resilient, reliable and cost-effective option when compared with traditional fossil fuel alternatives.
Highview Power value their employees and are committed to creating a positive, inspiring and inclusive working environment.
About the Role
The EPC Commercial Contracts Manager will report to the EPC Director and provide commercial contracts function support in the execution of EPC projects ensuring cost performance through contract formulation and administration.
In return, Highview Power will provide the successful candidate with training and development opportunities, competitive salary….. and the chance to join us while we build a cleaner, greener, better future for everyone.
- Support the development of EPC contract strategy through all phases of project development from FEED through to EPC/EPCm
- Develop HV standardised terms and conditions for contracts and purchase orders
- Manage and develop the EPC Contracts team through the execution of project activities
- Ensure related commercial risk is managed
- Work closely with legal regarding the formulation of EPC/EPCm contracts and supply chain agreements
- Administer EPC/EPCm contracts and supply chain agreements
- Create and provide cost control reports
- Ensure adherence to HV approved budget spend
- Liaise with legal to manage and negotiate the resolution of potential legal disputes
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of general tasks and duties, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation. The job holder will be expected to complete all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- A relevant BSc Degree such as Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Extensive experience as a Contract Manager gained from the process, natural resource or power generation industries
- Multiple EPC/EPCm contract execution experience to TIC of £30mill to £350mill across all phases including concept, FEED, Execution, Commissioning and Handover
- Experience of various contract forms such as FIDIC, NEC or IChemE
- Experience of contract related legal dispute resolution
- Experience of conducting and managing commercial risk reviews
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- A relevant MSc Degree such as Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- CIPS certification/qualification
- Experience in the management of a Supply Chain function
- Team behaviours which are supportive of a team ethos
- EPC delivery focused
- Genuine interest in the environment, sustainability and renewable energy
- Good communication skills across project teams and stakeholder communities
- The chance to make a difference!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension (after 3 months’ service)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Training & development opportunities