The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be part of the OVO Energy Business Intelligence team, reporting to Tommaso Barbi, Head of Business Intelligence, with a dotted line to the Senior Sustainability Manager.
What will I be doing?
You will be helping to shape and embed OVO’s Plan Zero data management and reporting approach. You will help produce monthly, quarterly and annual energy, environmental and sustainability reporting for both internal and external stakeholders. Your particular focus will be on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) metrics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing reporting on Environment, Social and Governance metrics. This includes supporting teams across the business to set up reporting processes and collating relevant data from across the business.
- Working with the Retail Board and Group Board on Plan Zero and ESG metrics.
- Assisting with reporting to third parties, including:
- Compliance reporting (e.g. SECR and ESOS);
- Voluntary initiative reporting (e.g. EV100, EP100 etc.); and
- Investor ESG reporting.
- Coordinating key ESG data processes, supporting carbon footprinting and external assurance.
- Developing and handling reporting to new third party reporting standards and frameworks (e.g. CDP, GRI and TCFD etc.)
- Administering and maintaining OVO’s Enablon software system and supporting the sustainability team with key ESG metrics.
- Advising and sharing best practice with Plan Zero data owners.
- Horizon scanning and researching the latest trends.
- Supporting the wider Business Intelligence team
Is this the job for me?
You will have a passion for all things sustainability and data related.
Ideally you will have:
- Qualifications in data science and/or sustainability.
- Experience in administration and maintenance of sustainability data management systems (e.g. Enablon or similar).
- Skills in MS Excel, SQL, Tableau etc. for analysis, review and reporting of data, ideally related to Sustainability
- Technical understanding of different types of sustainability data (e.g. GHG emissions, energy, water, waste, social data etc.)
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting standards and frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, SBTi, CDP, TCFD etc.)
- A keen eye for detail and ability to produce high quality deliverables.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with large data sets and to synthesise information and draw meaningful conclusions
- Ability to influence and engage partners
- Ability to collaborate with others and work with a high degree of autonomy
- Comfortable navigating change and uncertainty
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.