To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Job Title: Events Assistant
Department: Client Services
Salary: £25,000 p.a.
Contract: Permanent contract if based in the UK or Fixed Term Contract if based outside UK
Closing Date: 07th May 2021
Start Date: Immediate
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
Climate Bonds is looking for a dynamic individual with the interest to develop their events planning and productions skills to be our Events Assistant.
Events are an important marketing and communications tool for Climate Bonds, allowing the organization to play a unique role in the Sustainable Finance sphere. The Climate Bonds events are a platform for disseminating intelligence, products and services and engaging in conversations with our global network. Over the years, the Climate Bonds Conference and Awards have grown exponentially and achieved to be one of the most influential events in the field.
Working with the Head of Events & Training, the Event Assistant will engage with the public, high-level speakers, and stakeholders as well as team members across the organisation worldwide.
The main duties of this role will be the administrative and production support for the successful annual conference and awards as well as the creation of new events, working on planning, tracking costs and income, giving excellent customer service, and assisting with the production and documentation of the events. The range of events will vary between in-person and online events.
This position requires event organisation and experience on an entry-level and the will to learn and work collaboratively. Having excellent communications skills and an understanding of promotional tools such as websites and marketing platforms is a plus.
- Assist in the creation of event proposals and sponsorship packages
- Organize contacts and manage the mailing list
- Customer Service tasks: replying to emails and resolving issues
- Administrative tasks on planning event aspects, such as quests invitations and guest list management,
- Event coordination tasks such as coordination of teams, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors
- External liaison with clients and suppliers, speakers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Pro-active spirit with problem-solving, suggesting ideas and giving feedback
- Good time management, working on multiple projects at once
- Delegating event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Potential of coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Marketing and Promotion tasks such as produce newsletters, website maintenance
- Supporting sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events
- Bachelor’s degree in Events, Communication or Marketing having worked within corporate environments or Green Finance or Sustainable, Business
- Excellent written and verbal as well as interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Attention to Detail
- Event experience is desired but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Website management and other marketing platforms
- Proficient in Adobe – image manipulation (Photoshop, In-Design or Illustrator) or equivalent graphic design software knowledge.
- Excellent English fluency, other languages are beneficial
- Curiosity about Climate Finance
- Ability to work with a global and multicultural team and range of clients
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure
- AV, Web and technical interest
- Understanding of event technologies and platforms
- Self-motivation, initiative and high energy
25 days holiday