To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you passionate about providing expert masterclasses and interactive learning events for underrepresented entrepreneurs? Do you want to join a small team delivering impactful events that support entrepreneurs to imagine, launch and grow businesses that will have a positive impact on the world? Do you love designing events end-to-end, from working with expert speakers to design the format, to writing the event description, to hosting the event, to gathering and evaluating attendee feedback?
Our Community Programmes provide light-touch support that entrepreneurs can access before, during, after or alongside our in-depth cohort-based programmes to help them start and grow their businesses. Activities within the Community Portfolio include our 121 Skilled Volunteering programme, our public events programme, our graduate community, our new grant-making Founders Fund, and events that we run for entrepreneurs that have graduated from our programmes such as clinics, hackathons and pitch practice days. The support in this portfolio is easy to access, always-on, light-touch and on-demand open to all founders in any stage of their business journey.
We’re looking for an Events Coordinator to join our Community Programmes Team. You would be responsible for producing our public events series as part of our wider Community Programme. You would be managed by the Community Programme Manager and work alongside the Community Programmes Coordinator, as well as working closely with our Marketing and Communications team and the rest of the Programmes team. Our public events series attracts new founders to our programmes, provides extra support for entrepreneurs currently on one of our in-depth cohort-based programmes, and builds an engaged community of ongoing learning for our graduates.
Events programme design
- With support from the Community Programme Manager, designing overall event strategy and annual schedule, taking into account feedback from entrepreneurs, expert speakers and funders
- With support from the Community Programme Manager, ensuring that we are meeting our internal and funder KPIs and targets
- Testing out and evaluating different event formats, structures and technology, including podcasts and Instagram live
- Using entrepreneur feedback, suggesting new topics, event structures, speakers or offerings to continually evolve and improve the support for our community
Managing expert speakers and volunteers
- Maintaining our database of expert speakers, both paid freelancers and skilled volunteers
- Identifying and onboarding new experts by networking, researching, and attending external events
- Working with event speakers to design events, including setting the objectives, structure and content
- Liaising with speakers on all administrative matters, including invitations, permissions, photographs, and communications
Communications and marketing
- Working with the Marketing team, write the public copy about each event, source the images, develop marketing assets for each event, and publish the event on Eventbrite and on our website
- Helping to create and share communication packs where necessary for partner promotion
- Monitoring event signups and communicating with event attendees before the event, sending information and reminder emails
- Arranging and running event rehearsals
- Hosting and moderating events when necessary
Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Maintaining KPI tracking system to record event attendees, feedback and learning outcomes
- Reviewing and improving tracking systems as needed
- Contributing to writing reports for funders and partners
- With support from the Community Programme Manager, oversing the annual events budget, including forecasting and recording all spending
- Negotiating and setting fees with paid expert speakers, and reviewing and approving invoices
- Other duties that may be required from time to time as part of a small, dynamic team
- Passionate about supporting underrepresented founders to start and grow businesses that will have a positive impact in the world
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Independent and entrepreneurial worker
- Commitment to ongoing learning and personal development
- Previous experience working in events
- Previous experience as an entrepreneur, at a small charity or in a small business/startup
- Confidence with Excel/Google Sheets and writing and managing budgets
- Confidence with Google Slides and presentations
- Confidence working with Zoom, or ability to learn quickly
- Confidence hosting events and being in front of the camera
- Creativity and enthusiasm for designing events
Salary: £22,950 – £27,000
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 4-5 days per week. (typically 09.30-17.30 but with flexibility)
Location: Elephant & Castle / Remote
Responsible To: Community Programme Manager
Application Deadline: 9am Monday 28th June 2021
Interview Dates: First week commencing 12th July and week commencing 26th July
We care about our people and giving them the things they need to succeed.
We have always been supportive of flexible working, which has become even more important in 2021. We have a cheerful, plant-filled office in Elephant & Castle, where everyone gets a desktop Mac and a good chair. For those working at home, we’ll provide you with a laptop and an allowance to get yourself set up comfortably at home. In the post-COVID world we’re experimenting with full flexibility to work from home or in the office as it suits you, but hope the whole team will be able to come together periodically.
- 29 days annual leave + 8 UK bank holidays
- £750 annual budget for learning and development or wellbeing activities
- Paid time off for dedicated learning and development opportunities
- 4 days per year paid time off to volunteer
We believe business can be a force for good. Our mission is to increase diversity among business owners – and we want to do the same for our team. We are committed to representing a wider cross-section of society than a typical start-up, and we know that means we have to make an effort to understand and accommodate different people’s needs. If you’ve read this far, and you like the sound of the job, but you’re worried you don’t quite fit the requirements or would need adjustments to be made to support you to apply, interview or join the Hatch team – we’d love it if you went ahead and applied.
Please email us your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words explaining:
- What excites you about Hatch as an organisation and about this role in particular?
- Tell us about a great event you attended recently and what made it successful.
- What would you do in this role that would really make an impact?
Send these to email@example.com with “Events Coordinator Application – Your Name” as the email subject line by Monday 28th June 2021 9am.
If you have any questions or need any help with your application, please drop us a line
via firstname.lastname@example.org. (Recruiters will be politely turned away).
Salary: £22,950 – £27,000