Contract: Fixed Term – Sept to end of December 2021 (TBC)
Location: Flexible (working from home)
Hours: Part time – up to three days a week
Rate: up to £35k / pro rata = £26.25k (as we run a 4d week)
[nb: by comparison, this would be £43.75k if we ran a 5d/wk]
Benefits: Pension contribution
We don’t do Fridays! Full time for us is Monday to Thursdays
About Icebreaker One
We are a diverse collection of like minded people whose expertise spans policy and science, finance and engineering, data and systems—working together to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our time. We need your help.
Our mission is to make data work harder to deliver net-zero outcomes.
Working to the Chief Executive and working closely with other members of the core IB1 team.
Liaise and collaborate with other team members, supporters, associates and external contacts to help ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Ensuring that systems and processes are in place to provide high quality support for the needs of the CEO, IB1 core and the wider team
- Ensuring the smooth running of the diaries, meetings and project plans
- Working with the Programme Manager to fulfil the reporting requirements for funders
- Supporting the team in preparing new bids and proposals
- Effective and seamless diary management
- Taking and producing minutes of meetings and ensure these are distributed and decisions made at meetings are translated into action points that are then followed up
- Email management and arranging virtual and in-person meetings
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in support of a group of team members.
- Familiar with using and applying Google Suite/Workspace, Slack, social media and other tools for working remotely and in the open.
- An organised, detail-oriented approach to communication and documentation
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- The ability to work in a collegiate, collaborative and open environment
- The ability to engage at the highest level with peers and colleagues across sectors
- Experience of flexible and remote working with a focus on getting the job done well and on time
- Willingness to help out and get involved with any other reasonable tasks that help us to achieve our mission
Are you an Icebreaker?
The organisation has been built from within and intends to continue to do that in the future to encompass all flexibility – that’s in our DNA and that’s what makes us different.
Icebreakers have the energy, passion and tenacity to deliver the purpose of wide-ranging challenges. On top of that, it is not just about what you can do but it is about how you do it as a member of the IB1 team. Online or in person we are all part of and will work together for the benefit of the Icebreaker One team and wider constellation.
Our aim is that everyone’s team user experience (TUX) is about shared problem solving in open, collaborative and non-confrontationally challenging ways. We work in a supportive environment so that we can do and make things as best as we possibly can.
Icebreakers work with us on, sign up to and strive for the following in what they do and how they behave with their fellow Icebreakers and our wider community:
- A collaborative and collegiate approach – we are open by default – in a fast paced environment.
- It is what you can bring and what you want to achieve mixed with enthusiasm and a desire to do that alongside and not at the expense of others. This includes a willingness to help out and get stuck-in with any other reasonable tasks for your project that help us to achieve the deliverables.
- Appropriate use of feedback channels to share up front and friendly feedback – good friends honestly and fairly critique what each other does and it’s ok to agree to disagree.
The benefits of being an Icebreaker?
- Flexible working – to help you work around your needs and commitments we don’t have work or meetings booked on a Friday!
- Remote working – we may all be working remotely but it doesn’t get in the way of us working closely. Regardless of whether working remotely is by choice or by necessity – daily standups and regular work and non work related hangouts mean you are not alone.
- Supportive working – Bring and share what you know as you’ll be working with people willing to learn and share knowledge and support from getting the most of the virtual / remote TUX through using GoogleDocs/GSuite to show and tell sessions ranging from essential research to sharing pictures of Christmas trees!
Please note that before applying you will need to ensure you have the right to work in the UK and can provide documentary evidence of this.
Email a CV or links to pages that show us what you have done and can do to help us to achieve our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a team, we are committed to equality and creating an inclusive culture with diverse and balanced backgrounds. We actively encourage applications from everyone and will help to support you to reach your full potential and to be yourself in a working environment based on dignity, respect and mutual support. If you have any queries or need any advice or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process please contact us at the email address above.