The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be supporting two senior and newly appointed Directors. This is an excellent opportunity for a business focussed EA who would like to gain further exposure in a fast-paced technology environment. You will be of invaluable support to the executive team, helping them to make the best use of their time and to the greatest effect.
What will I be doing?
This role is fundamental in providing professional organisational and admin support as required. This could range from diary and travel management to assisting in planning and executing leadership events, away days across the business. The role is varied and fast-paced so it requires somebody adaptable and organised to ensure the executive’s time is maximised and that their diary and office runs smoothly.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Diary management and workload management, including the creation of processes as appropriate to improve smooth running of the Executive’s diary
- Meeting preparation including reference materials
- Proactive time management to ensure effective use of Director’s time, including arranging internal & external meetings
- Creating travel itineraries and organising travel arrangements as required including trains, flights, hotel bookings, car hire, parking, currencies etc.
Coordination & Organisation
- Assisting in planning and coordinating leadership events, team offsites/away days including workshops, Steercos and supporting with OVO Group events when required
- Cost centre management
- Processing and manage expenses, invoices and purchase orders
- Document production and printing (including creating meeting Agendas)
- Research and preparation of documents for meetings including Board meetings when required
- Assisting with creating and sharing weekly team emails, coordinating presentation decks and coordinating comms with teams.
- Research and preparation of documents for executive meetings including Board meetings
- Attending meetings and capturing actions/notes to ensure we meet internal governance requirements and proactive follow up of actions with key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery
- Building Agendas for internal/external team meetings
- Assisting with communications on behalf of the Director’s, including coordinating and actioning internal and external correspondence using appropriate channels
Is this the job for me?
You will be a bright, polished and dynamic individual who is self motivated and efficient. You will have the relevant qualities to provide effective support to the Executive.
You will be innovative and forward thinking with an adaptable and proactive approach to your work, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
It’s essential that:
- You have experience in a similar EA role at Executive level
- You are comfortable working at pace
- Confidentiality is a must– this role is party to highly sensitive information, which is important in both protecting our employees and our business
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to interface regularly with internal & external personnel at all levels (face to face, by email and telephone)
- You are proactive, with an ability to effectively manage expectations and manage openly/upwards to ensure alignment with the Directors and EA
- You have meticulous organisation skills and the ability to prioritise when working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- You are responsive and flexible to business needs
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to be succinct and to the point
- You are punctual, professional and trustworthy acting with a high level of discretion at all times
- You are a team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- IT literacy across a variety of tools; experience in Google Suite is advantageous
- You will have a hands on approach, flexible attitude and able to work as part of the wider EA/PA team to ensure a consistent approach to ways of working and process improvement
- You have bags of enthusiasm and positive energy!
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.