We are seeking a talented and experienced PHP engineer to work with us on a range of high impact open source projects for the not for profit sector.
Compucorp is split into product teams. As a key member of one of these teams, you’ll be involved in the entire development process, from the specification phase through to release. Your principal focus will be on developing new functionality as extensions and modules for projects using CiviCRM and Drupal (7 and 8), but there’s a lot going on at Compucorp so expect to be exposed to other technologies too!
The platforms we build are business process focussed for the not for profit sector, so expect to be working on functionality to help support ecommerce, marketing and payment processing but with a not for profit fundraising twist.
As an Experienced PHP Engineer you’ll be responsible for:
- Applying software development best-practices and keeping a clean and easy to maintain codebase
- Maintaining documentation
- Writing technical specifications
- Sharing knowledge with and supporting other members of the team
- Participating in planning meetings where priorities and new features development are discussed
- Code Reviews
- Experience writing modern PHP code the right way (https://phptherightway.com/)
- Excellent database / SQL skills, including performance optimisation and normalisation
- Experience writing tests and with testing processes like TDD
- Be skilled with Git, including rebases, squashing commits and using bisect to find where bugs were introduced
- Experience with Linux and the command line
- Exposure to Drupal 7 and/or 8
- Exposure to business applications such as ERP, CRM or HR systems; preferably for the not for profit sector
- CI/CD setup and management
- Experience with the Symfony or Laravel frameworks
- Experience with CiviCRM
- UK / Remote
How to apply
If you think you’ve seen the role for you and can make a big difference to our team, then please send us through a CV with a short covering letter via the application form below.