Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re launching our new direct channel nationwide. We are looking to speak to talented Sales Managers and Regional Leaders across the UK.
We’re looking for a leader of a totally new concept within field marketing. Here at Octopus we’re embarking on an exciting new project that extends to more than just face to face sales. We’ll be testing a brand new direct to consumer model where customer conversations could start from Digital engagements, Social engagements, Retail engagements or even on a customers front door. We’re changing the landscape of traditional field marketing and re-inventing face to face sales.
What you’ll do
As a Regional Leader you’ll be exactly that, a ‘Leader’, not a manager. You’ll be leading a team of face to face ambassadors to more than just a sales performance, you’ll be the frontline of our brand and as such, you’ll be driving our culture throughout your team. Your leadership style will be one of inspiration not manipulation. You’ll be inspiring, motivating and coaching your team of around 20 ambassadors to their absolute best individual performance. There’s no need for carrots and sticks here at Octopus to remain motivated. Ultimately you’ll be the sort of manager who spends their time trying to catch your team members doing something right, not trying to catch them doing something wrong.
What you’ll need
- Face to face experience within customer centric sales roles
- An understanding in either door to door or event sales
- Proven track record of managing and leading a regional face to face sales team and achieving outstanding performance
- The ability to demonstrate effective leadership to colleagues in order to influence and inspire.
- Experience within F2F recruitment, people resourcing and team development
- Demonstrate a positive proactive approach towards organisational change
- Experience of working autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to achieve maximum impact upon relevant situations and audience.
- Assertive and adaptable personal style to deliver constructive feedback on standards of performance and to the team
What you’ll love about us
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
If this opportunity sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Octopus Energy Group is an energy tech company. We use technology to make green electrons cheap and revolutionise customer experiences.
Octopus Energy already supplies over 2 million homes with cheap green power in the UK, with operations in Germany, Australia and the USA, and launches planned for Japan and New Zealand. By the time you’ve applied, this list may be longer.
As well as all that, Octopus Energy for Business supplies green energy to over 20,000 companies, Octopus Electric Vehicles helps make clean transport cheaper and easier, Octopus Energy Services brings smart products into thousands of homes, and Octopus Centre for Net Zero is a multi-disciplinary research organisation helping Governments and industry reach net zero sooner.
Octopus Energy Group’s tech arm, Kraken Technologies, enables our innovation. They have created our API driven in-house technology platform, built from the ground up around the customer. It powers the outstanding service, efficiency and smart products we’re using to accelerate the world’s transition to a decentralised, decarbonised energy system.
The Kraken tech platform has been licensed to support over 17 million accounts worldwide, through deals with Good Energy,E.ON, Hanwha and Origin Energy – we’ve raised over £500 million to continue on our mission globally.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.