As the Facilities Manager, you will be immersed into the Manufacturing team, working to ensure the smooth running of the office and factory facilities. You will be responsible for organising and resolving any issues or queries within the building, ensuring health and safety related maintenance is carried out, and dealing with general ad-hoc duties within the organisation, whilst providing excellent internal customer service throughout. A professional and ‘can do’ attitude is paramount, whilst continually showing commitment to your own personal and professional development within the company.
The Facilities Manager will supervise all operational activities, including maintenance services, security, cleaning, and other contracted services as required. In addition you are also required to provide administrative, H&S and project support when needed.
- Ensure that the building and facilities are kept in safe working order by various proactive means including safety walk-abouts, identification of opportunities for improvement, and monitoring legislation changes.
- Develop, maintain and deploy the facilities and equipment management program.
- Assist in contractor management of facilities services including HVAC, Fire Safety, Soft and Hard FM, Security, Water Treatment, Waste Management. Manage contractors while on site, assist in coordinating upcoming works and projects.
- Planning and Project Management of improvement works, from proposal to completion of all documentation required by all stakeholders, including budget and resource management.
- Create and ensure all relevant paperwork is received ahead of any works. Including the review and collation of contractor/suppliers RAMS/relevant insurances and the completion of Permit to Work ‘PTW’ as and when required.
- Manage staff/contractor/visitor onboarding activities such as security passes, inductions, parking etc.
- Ensure any remedial action from inspections, audits and contractor site visits are reported, progressed and completed.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of Training for New Starters, Contractors and existing staff are completed.
- Ensure fire and emergency arrangements are in place and regularly monitored, for example fire drills, spillage drills, chemical release emergency etc.
- Co-ordinate with operations team and third-party suppliers to deliver service level agreements, licenses for alterations, and other contractual arrangements.
- Conduct frequent checks of service agreements (and other contract types) to ensure obligations are met.
- Report all accidents, occupational illnesses, and emergencies in relevant books/documentation, and action any items that are related to areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the image and visual standards of head office, taking ownership of any issues or concerns.
- Deploy a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and ensure it is used to capture all Planned Maintenance, Reactive Maintenance and General Work Requests for head office.
- Maintain and manage asset registers, coordinate out of hours support service for all sites.
Above all else this candidate must be willing to join a driven and motivated team focused on reducing costs, improving quality, and working to always satisfy the customer.
Necessary Skills – Essential
- Previous experience as Facilities Coordinator, Supervisor or Manager
- PC Literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint with people management skills.
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- Knowledge and awareness of the facilities management industry, CDM, CoSHH, Waste Management, Contractor Management
- Knowledge and awareness of ISO process management.
- Ability to work as part of a team to provide exceptional levels of internal and external customer service
- Experience of working in a manufacturing/production environment
- Practical experience in working with supply partners to deliver a seamless, integrated internal facilities management system
- A proactive approach with common sense
- Experience working in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment
- General knowledge and knowhow around DIY/handyman tasks
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Good project management and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to work independently or cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to think laterally and solve complex/difficult situations effectively
- Ideally hold an engineering or technical qualification and experience of managing technical service delivery
- Commercial and Budget Management awareness
- CMMS experience (WO Management Process)
- Member of IWFM
- Facilities Management qualification via IWFM
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification(s)
- Understanding of basics for Heating Ventilation and Cooling systems, other Mechanical and Electrical including Fire and Building Management Systems