To apply for this job please visit www.chargepoint.com.
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Manager, Failure Analysis
ChargePoint is looking for an experienced Failure Analysis Engineer to own all aspects of failure analysis. This person must be passionate about the EV space and ensuring that our products and services meet the expectations of our customers. This engineer must be adept at both hands on technical problem solving and at leading quality efforts across functions. He or she must be able to effectively and comfortably communicate at all levels within ChargePoint and our suppliers, both verbally and in writing, and through presentations. To be successful at ChargePoint this person must be highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment.
- Own Failure Analysis from a cradle to grave perspective
- Be an excellent team player and have good familiarity with sharing data and strategy
- Provide detailed weekly reports to Product Quality and Engineering teams
- Comfortable with reporting to VP level audience
- Help drive RCA actions on weekly PQE meetings
- Work with our CM partners to track field failures and help develop systems to improve data collection processes
- Work with HV test equipment as well as write TRD for automating equipment
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering (Masters, a plus+)
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a failure analysis or design role
- Demonstrated project management and team leadership skills
- Experience managing product and customer experience quality at a cross functional level
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma programs and Statistical Quality Control processes
- Solid understanding of and experience applying problem solving tools including root cause analysis, statistical tools and processes, and design of experiments
- Ability to clearly summarize quality data and trends, and to create reports and presentations for all levels of internal audiences and use them to prioritize and drive action on to solve issues
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Familiarity with SQL, Python or equivalent
- Strong background using Excel and Tableau (a strong Plus)
- Familiarity with manufacturing and managing CMs
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.