POWERVAULT – THE COMPANY
Powervault designs and manufactures smart home energy storage devices here in the UK. . The Company is looking to hire an exceptional Field Service Electrician to join our team. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are currently a team of 15. This is predominately a field-based role, but based from our office and manufacturing site in Hendon, North London. Powervault sells its storage systems either direct to home owners and businesses or via third parties. Installation and warranty work is carried out by third party contractors and this jobholder.
Your knowledge of customer service, electrical systems, and troubleshooting will help you to make a significant contribution to the growth of Powervault. You will have a strong appetite for problem solving and a keen attention to detail, including in the area of safety and documentation. On a daily basis you are able to organise your work in an efficient manner. You are willing and able to carry out site surveys and install Powerault systems into customers’ homes. You are willing to drive to customers’ homes, in transport provided by Powervault, in order to perform installations or troubleshoot known or unknown issues with existing units or provide training to 3rd Party contractors as and when required.
You are both self-motivated and happy working on your own but also enjoy being part of a team.
You will be working closely with your colleagues, and as such, you’ll be an excellent team player and a good communicator. You’ll receive flexible hours, but timeliness when the customer is involved is imperative as is always maintaining a professional appearance and manner as the Company’s representative in the customer’s home.
The role includes a certain amount of heavy lifting, so you will need to be physically fit.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified electrician with a solid technical / electrical background, preferably a time served electrician with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar post as a qualifying supervisor, it would be advantageous to have experience of renewable energy, technical customer service or electrical/electronic equipment maintenance.
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems, and compliance to health and safety, and electrical rules and regulations
- Able to represent Powervault in a professional manner at all times
- Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company
- Carry out Powervault installations and warranty work as required to the schedule agreed with the Customer Experience Manager
- From time to time undertake training for 3rd party contractors both at Powervault’s production facility and in the field. Provide support for our 3rd party contractors, Working with the Operations Director, identify technical updates and training requirements.
- Service and maintenance of Powervault Energy Storage units in customers’ homes
- Bring back to the Technical team key information from the field; you are the technical link between what is happening in the field and the Technical Team
- Work co operatively and professionally with the Customer Experience Manager to maximise the effective use of your time and ensure Powervault customers have a good experience
- Commit and contribute to the continuous improvement of Powervault’s field processes – e.g. site surveys, installations, warranty
- Maintain the technical standard and quality of electrical work carried out by electrical operational staff and 3rd party contractors
- Responsible for safeguarding unused NICEIC Forms against loss or theft and unauthorized use and ensures that results of inspection and testing are properly recorded on the appropriate prescribed forms of certification and reporting, and review and confirm the results for acceptability.
- Ensures the resultant certificates are recorded and stored on appropriate IT system and stored correctly with ease of access.
- Carrying out inspections of works and all other aspects of electrical work associated with the Powervault unit
- Liaison with both competent person scheme providers and the Principal Duty Holder.
- Ensure adequate training is provided to electrical operatives and that appropriate test equipment is provided, tested and recorded
- Maintain and manage a calibration log for all test equipment
- Provide technical support to the Installation Manager on electrical Installation and repair issues to ensure properties are maintained in a cost-effective way.
- Provide an effective response to Health and Safety issues, to ensure the safety of customers and operational staff in line with company procedures and other such legislation.
- From time to time undertake full installations and complete the appropriate paperwork and certifications
- Use our operational scheduling system in line with company policy
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- As a qualified electrician, is conversant with the Electricity at Work Regulations and BS 7671, associated guidance material as prescribed by the IET and competent person scheme providers, appropriate British Standards and other Industry Codes of Practice.
- Is well versed in the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work required.
- The post holder will need to be technically competent and must hold appropriate trade qualifications as detailed below:
|Required qualification level||NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation Work or City & Guilds 2360 Part 1/ 2 (A/B) or C&G 2365 or C&G 2330 or C&G 2356 and AM2
C&G 2391 or G&G 2394 and C&G 2395
C&G 2382 current edition, or EAL equivalent.
|Desirable||C&G 2396 or equivalent
C&G 2372 or EAL equivalent
C&G 2919 or EAL equivalent
C&G 2377 or EAL equivalent
C&G 2393 or equivalent
IOSH, CIOB, CSCS (gold/Black), TMIET, ECS, SMSTS /SSSTS
- Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Fully conversant with safe systems of work, risk assessments and compliance with CDM regulations
- Has held the post of NICEIC (or equivalent) EQS for an Approved Contractor Scheme for at least 5 year
- Safety systems
- Basic knowledge of current battery technologies
- Basic understanding of Power Electronics
- Knowledge of 3 phase power
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and techniques (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of internet connectivity devices and troubleshooting issues
- UK Driving license held for at least one-year with no endorsements
- Up to £48,000 per annum plus pension dependant on experience
25 days of holiday per annum