We believe energy should be better – for you and the environment.
We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future. Better value, by throwing away the old business models of the “Big 6” and instead building a business that’s fit for the 21st century. We make energy green and flexible for consumers, with fair and transparent pricing. Through our home developed platform, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, modelling and AI, we’re redefining what is possible in energy.
Our breakthrough Agile tariff has been widely reported as leading the way in energy innovation, and we’re passionate about fairness – we were first to uncover the widespread strategy of energy company tease and squeeze pricing and following on from this campaign, our CEO and Founder Greg Jackson presented evidence in favour of capping energy tariff prices before the bill committee in Parliament.
We already supply 100% renewable energy to over 1.5 million homes and over 12,000 businesses (including Arsenal FC and the Cardiff Blues to help them power their stadiums with 100% renewable energy) throughout Great Britain and we’re also the supplier behind M&S Energy. We’re award winning for our disruptive technology and are delighted to be the only energy supplier to pass the rigorous Which? customer service tests and be their only recommended energy supplier for 3 years in a row.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For. Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Octopus Energy Services.
We recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company, to help us continue our mission. This will help power our growth into new markets, build more tech to make energy greener, and increase our investment in service and growth in our existing markets (the UK and Germany). You can read more about the impact of this investment here.
We’re looking for Field Sales Executives based in Coventry to join our growing teams! Field Sales Executives are the face to face brand ambassadors for our clients, offering customers the highest level of customer service.
What you’ll do
- Working as a brand ambassador for Octopus Energy
- You will be working on doorstep sales, having positive conversations about the Octopus brand and passing energy savings on to customers
- You will be at the heart of a social and energetic environment, where you will be equipped with all the knowledge necessary to have brilliant conversations with our customers
- Use all information gathered to find the right product that best fits the customers’ needs
- Build excellent rapport with the customer to establish needs and secure their business
- Communicate clearly and professionally to ensure the customer fully understands the process
What you’ll need
- Experience in a similar field sales or customer facing role is attractive but certainly not essential as full training will be given
- Sales candidates should be confident, motivated, trustworthy and personable
- Ability to promote our clients brand, products and services
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Enhance customer experience through excellent quality & compliance
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate resilience
- Demonstrate positive and professional attitude
What you’ll get
- A professional and fun working environment
- Branded Octopus clothes and equipment
- Development opportunitiesFull induction, training and ongoing coaching
- Regular Incentives
- Recommend a Friend reward opportunities
- Flexible working hours – Monday-Saturday
- Uncapped commission
- Octopus Energy works with a number of partners in order to support its sales function. We have a number of different relationships across the UK and if your application is successful you will be contacted by the partner most suited to you based on your location.
If you this sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we are doing then we’d love to hear from you!