To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 125,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we promise to give 75% of the profits back to our domestic customers. The electricity we sell is 100% renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Due to continued business growth, we are looking to add a Finance Analyst to our team. If you are excited by a challenging role where you will be helping a team manage a high-volume workload then apply using our HR systems link
- Manage relationships and prepare reconciliations for organisations of whom we hold strategic partnerships with
- Assist with the implementation of tariffs
- Assist with the on boarding of the new accounting software solution, developing reports and outputs as required by the finance team
- Assist with industry compliance reporting requirements
- Support the Finance Business Partners in developing business needs analytics
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with the creation of invoices
- Other tasks as required, this is a fast moving and growing company and as such tasks/priorities may change
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong Microsoft excel user – including but not limited to: IF function, V LOOKUP, Pivot tables
- Experience working in a dynamic fast paced organisation and managing a high volume workload
- Some accountancy knowledge
- Currently studying or open to working towards and accountancy qualification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central (preferred not essential)
- Knowledge of the energy sector (preferred not essential)
- Data analysis experience
- Have worked within a compliance function previously. Energy sector preferred but not essential.
- Detail orientated – you must be able to spot errors quickly and amend these efficiently.
- Collaborative and can-do attitude