To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, Morocco, Vietnam and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels, and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100“.
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.
We’re looking for a driven and results-oriented Finance Assistant looking to learn and develop their skills while providing support to the Finance team. You will be integral to the success of our day-to-day accounting and involved in all aspects of Taptap Send’s transactional finances, including accounts payable, bank reconciliation and month-end reporting.
This is also an opportunity to assist on highly value-adding projects such as upgrading our financial software and improving our accounting team in-house. This role is ideal for someone who is detail-oriented, passionate about accounting and enthusiastic to work within a fast-paced, impact-driven startup that is constantly expanding into new markets.
- Management accounting — assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, including preparing accruals, prepayments and other month-end journals. Provide insightful, timely and accurate financial reporting as part of a best-in-class finance function.
- Accounts payable – own the timely payment of AP, coordinating with all departments and our vendors.
- Bank reconciliations – lead reconciliation of all group transactions, resolving queries with the bank or team members to ensure we have access to up to date and accurate financial information.
- Financial controls — deliver and improve our balance sheet reconciliations and, as we grow, contribute to building out new controls.
- Regulatory reporting — assist with daily safeguarding reporting, reporting to our auditors in various jurisdictions, monthly regulatory capital reports etc.
- Financial systems and operational improvements — help implement operational improvements and important changes to our financial systems through various ad-hoc projects, such as assisting with the transition to new accounting software.
- 1+ year of experience as an assistant accountant or a similar role or degree in Finance (or similar) plus 2+ years of work experience
- Studying towards a professional finance qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA)
- Detail-oriented — you sweat the small stuff
- Highly organized and able to balance competing priorities, including across teams and with external partners
- Collaborative, with a “can-do” demeanour and a flexible approach
- Good working knowledge of Excel/G-sheets
- Experience of Xero/Netsuite is a strong plus
- Right-to-work in the UK or Belgium
- French language skills a plus but not required
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
- Flexible hours
- Employer pension contributions
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Private health insurance
- Behavioral health benefits