Who are People’s Energy?
People’s Energy are an ethical, planet friendly energy company who were founded in 2017. We want to put you in charge of your energy usage and help keep the planet a cleaner, greener place!
Using mainly renewable energy, we want to provide a simple, fair and affordable solution for all our customers, including those currently in fuel poverty.
Who are we?
What do we want to do?
- Eradicate fuel poverty
- Put 1million customers in charge of their energy use
- Bring trust back to the energy market
- Give 75% of our profits back to our customers
For the role of Finance Assistant we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic financial professional. Attention to detail, ability to work with change and proficient on Excel, you will be ready to learn and a great communicator.
- Review and record supplier invoices, and ensure adherence to the Procurement approval hierarchy
- Purchase ledger invoice processing and addition of this information to the appropriate spreadsheets
- Build and develop strong relationship with key suppliers, and resolve any supplier queries in timely manner
- Review and record customer cash receipts
- Populate and review purchase ledger and invoice information
- Set up supplier payments and customer refunds
- Populate and maintain fixed asset register
- Perform monthly General Ledger reconciliations and investigate any imbalances
- Providing ad-hoc analysis around monthly profit & loss
- Assist in preparation of monthly managements accounts
- Assist on occasion in revenue and cash analysis
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as and when required
- Previous experience in a similar type role
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong Excel skills (pivot table and v-look ups)
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a high volume of invoices
- Collaborative team player
- Confident in dealing and building relationship
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills with the ability to root cause
- Calm and focused and able to work in an ever-changing environment
- Working knowledge of SAGE