To apply for this job please visit thebigissue.livevacancies.co.uk.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. To complement the self-help ethos of The Big Issue Magazine, The Big Issue Foundation was established in 1995 to link vendors with the vital support and services which help them address the issues that led to and have arisen as a result of their experiences.
We are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner to join us to undertake provision of quality financial information for The Big Issue Foundation. This is a new position within the organisation and is ideal for someone who is newly or part qualified and looking to make a mark in their first larger role or someone who might be looking to move from the commercial to the charitable sector.
Working closely with the Foundation CEO, and other Foundation Managers the Finance Business Partner will work with, the Group Finance Director to lead the Foundation month end process and deliver monthly management accounts. They will also work closely with teams within the charity, helping managers to understand the financial position of their part of the charity.
Alongside the delivery of the management accounts will be the Preparation of Finance Committee and Board papers as required.
The role will be responsible for all Group reporting and recording of Fundraising, Sponsorship, Donation and Grant income, ensuring any distinction between Restricted and Non restricted funding is reported in accordance with Charity Governance requirements.
They will also be responsible for delivering the budget, forecast and reforecasts in line with the 3-year plan throughout the year and ensuring the SLA between Group and The Foundation is delivered.
The Finance Business Partner reports directly to the Group Finance Director and will work closely with Group Fundraising staff and the Group Finance Function, as well as The Big Issue Foundation team.
The role is offered on a one year fixed-term basis.
Skills & Experience:
• Part or newly qualified and current active member of an Accounting Body (CCAB, CIMA or overseas equivalent).
• Experience of working effectively with non-finance stakeholders and varying communication styles to suit audiences.
• Experience of assessing financial risk and producing insightful financial analysis.
• Excellent attention to detail, a high level of numeracy and Excel skills.
• Excellent time management, including an ability to work to deadlines and reprioritise tasks when required.
• A combination of Commercial and Charity experience is desirable
• Experience of using Access Dimensions useful
• Strong written and oral communication skills
For a more detailed job description including the summary of responsibilities, skills, qualities and experience required for the role, please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits Include:
• Salary commensurate with the third sector, which can be confirmed on request.
• Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
• Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
• Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
• Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role will be based in our head office in Finsbury Park in London, however due to current Covid-19 restrictions it is likely that the successful candidate will work at least part of the time from their home address.
Upon clicking “Apply” you will be asked to complete a short application form and then to upload your CV and cover letter which should details your suitability for and interest in the role.
If you have any queries, please email HR stating the job title and reference
Closing date: 21st April 2021
The Big Issue Foundation is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.