We are recruiting a finance business partner to perform financial reporting, commercial and financial analysis that will support the business in their decision-making.
We are looking for an individual who will business partner across the entire organisation to support the segments in order to further progress towards their goals. The role will partner with project managers across our portfolio of a wide range of complex and diverse projects. It will be key for the candidate to be able to develop relationships with stakeholders remotely as we are an international business operating across the globe.
You will be working as part of a wider team of 8 colleagues delivering outputs to enable decision-making, enhance value for money, and improve the commercial and operational performance of our projects.
The ideal candidate would have an appropriate level of experience to provide financial information and analysis to our project teams and finance managers. We need an individual who is a fast learner, willing to take ownership, with a keen attention to detail.
An intermediary knowledge of excel will be required, together with a desire to further these skills, and develop knowledge of using financial and project management systems.
About The Climate Group
The Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, New Delhi and New York. We are proud to be part of the We Mean Business coalition.
About the role
Finance business partner function
- Programme budget development: Support FP&A manager and programme managers in development of annual budget programmes.
- Resource planning commercial analysis and project cost analysis
- Bid management: support commercial proposal development of project at bid submission stage. Produce commercial analysis and technical support. Act as commercial lead on financial proposal sign-off.
- Ensure at mobilisation stage transition from bid budget to project budget
- Budget management – monthly tracking of projects with PMs throughout project lifecycle by analysing income, expenditure, resource allocation, developing relevant KPIs, and monitoring financial performance against budget.
- Project financial reporting: oversee final project financial reports outputs by ensuring PMs have relevant data and ensure accuracy of financial reports delivered.
Financial analysis function
- Produce project budget and department financial reporting, analyse projects P&L and financial performance;
- Support development and analysis of annual resource planning;
- Produce financial reporting, commercial analysis, and cost analysis required to support the operational budget workstream;
- Develop outputs, visual presentations, and reports to support decisions making from senior management
- Analyse actual financial results, KPIs, large data sets
- Gather and interpret data from information collection sessions with stakeholders
- Input data and produce forecast
- Manage P&L and financial model
- Support business intelligence function through data entry, data collection, sense-checking information
- Support development of data structure and of relevant and insightful reporting outputs
- Support the development and own the management of financial models and templates
- Part or recently qualified candidate (accountancy/finance qualification)
- Strong academic qualifications to degree level, or demonstrable equivalent achievements in work experience environment
- Experience working with excel to an intermediate or advanced level and interest in developing that skill;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to take ownership of a task and ensure delivery to standard in a timely manner;
- Strong team player;
- Ability to develop relationships with stakeholders with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Comfortable operating in a remote and hybrid (remote / office) working environment
- Experience working in a project environment;
- Experience working in a finance business partnering role
- Experience using VBA
- Experience using financial reporting software
- Experience using project management software
- Experience introducing new ways of working in a change environment
You will be employed at our London headquarters. As we are currently in the process of moving to a new permanent London location (Zone 1), our staff are utilising the use of our temporary office near Borough. From October 2021, we have adopted a phased flexible blended approach of working 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. Once we move to a permanent office (Q1 of 2022) this will be 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
Terms & Conditions
This is a full-time permanent position. The salary for this position is £28,799 – £35,200 per annum or more based on experience.
In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays; additional leave following three and six years’ service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Private healthcare and Cash Plan on completion of probation
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan
- Volunteering day on completion of probation
How to apply
Use the ‘Apply’ button to apply for this vacancy. Should you require further information, please contact Julie Bouchard, FP&A Senior Manager at JBouchard@theclimategroup.org.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. The expected closing date for submitting your application is 3rd December 2021.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by The Climate Group.